Once again, I am recurring to this forum because it is the most reliable source of professional advice I have found until now (sadly or not). I am considering changing my job and career 180o and I would like to hear your opinions on whether this is a good idea or not. As I will explain, I am not sure if this is a good opportunity I should take or not
Here it goes. I am currently interning at a great M&A team at a great bank (not BB though) and have almost 1 year experience in total. I really enjoy M&A because I see that I am learning a lot through this experience and I have got to know very interesting people. I want to jump to a bigger bank or EB and keep doing this until I feel prepare to move to the buy side, which is my long term goal
Well, a month ago I met the CEO of a fund manager completely out of the blue because he was a friend of a close relative that I met at a family party. We got along very well and we ended up talking a lot about his fund and he gave me his business card and told me to give him a call if I was interested in joining them. So, I have no clue about what to do... I would love to live the experience but I don't know if this will kill my chances of getting into a top fund in the future. I will give you more info about the fund:
- It is completely specialised in a specific type of renewable energy: think of the fund as having an X number of solar/wind assets
- It has invested around EU400 to 500 million and the fund volume is nearly EU150 million
- 12 years in operation with no year of negative return
Taking this opportunity seems tentative to me because it would imply to live in another country which I know and I already love, and also I have no idea how much money they would pay me, however, I trying to know if the opportunity is worth it or if this is not appropriate to me taking into account that have less than 1 year experience without master and that I want to end up in the buy side
Appreciate your comments
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.