LOCATION CHANGED - WSO Chicago Happy Hour: Weds. December 17th, 6:30pm, Emerald Loop

Who: Finance professionals and college students of drinking age.

What: A WSO Meetup

Why: Meet your fellow primates.

Where: Emerald Loop, 216 North Wabash (Corner of Wabash & Haddock)

When: Weds. Dec 17th, 6:30pm - 11pm (most people stayed til last call at the Nov meetup)

What to do when you get there: Ask hostess for the "WSO group"

Happy Hour Best Practices and Suggested Behavior: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/wso-happy-hour-best-practices-and-r…

---
EDIT: As mentioned in the thread below, I had to change the venue. Sorry for confusion. The happy hour will now be at Emerald Loop. The info displayed above is now correct.

Parking for Emerald Loop: Sidestreet likely available along Lake street, which is 1 block south of the bar. Lake is a 1-way street, with L tracks overhead. Best shot is grabbing a spot under the tracks.

Array

SLIM:

is this a monthly thing? would like to attend but am going to be in NYC for my firm's holiday party that day

I think the first one in a while was in November. Not sure when the last one was before that.

I can think of a small group of people who would probably vote for it to be monthly (or possibly even more frequent), but I'm not sure how the rest of the 20+ people who attended last month feel about it.

Array

xuspin:

Also a lurker here, first post, it will be interesting to meet some Chicago professionals

From my experience last time, "professional" may be an overstatement lol

Just sayin

Array

i'm a pretty new wso user and this is the first time I've heard of this event. I am from chicago, currently attending a non-target and am trying to get my foot in the door in IB. is this a networking event?

I'm going, I really enjoyed the last one but wasn't able to stick around long enough

and @"IlliniProgrammer" if they don't serve Old Style then we should just split a six pack and slip it in the laptop bags.

Best Response

FYI, I had to change the venue due to reservation problems. Sorry to spring this on you guys same-day, and hopefully you all get the message. I just notified the WSO team, and hopefully they can get everything updated.

New Venue: Emerald Loop. Located at 216 North Wabash (corner of Wabash & Haddock).

Time is still 6:30pm.

Directions are the same. Ask for WSO group when you arrive. We will have a few high-top tables near the bar area.

Parking: Sidestreet likely available along Lake street, which is 1 block south of the bar. Lake is a 1-way street, with L tracks overhead. Best shot is grabbing a spot under the tracks.

Sorry for the confusion, all.

Array

Zach,

I dont know your username, but I totally bought your last drink because the waitress forgot to charge you until after you left and wouldnt let us leave until someone covered your tab.

You owe me a beer in Jan.

Array

Cries:

Zach,

I dont know your username, but I totally bought your last drink because the waitress forgot to charge you until after you left and wouldnt let us leave until someone covered your tab.

You owe me a beer in Jan.

I just remembered that IP gave me like $6 or $7 coz I was bitching about paying your bill. So you actually owe IP a beer.
Array

IlliniProgrammer:

I don't recall any bitching. And the $7 was money I had saved on my bill because Emerald Loop gives a holiday bonus on gift cards. I was shocked and appalled that I was the only person to take advantage.

I still have $3 left on it. I'll be keeping the card in my rusty Honda to pay for a PBR next time.

I have 1.8 credits left on a Dave & Buster's card. I bought sippie straw glasses. I can't figure out how to assemble them though. I have two sippie straws. No glasses.
heister: Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad. https://arthuxtable.com/

Error voluptas qui et et dicta nesciunt magni. Velit incidunt et culpa quae officiis vel sed. Aut beatae omnis qui eos earum.

Array

Et non sed voluptatem temporibus ea. Commodi velit sunt consequuntur non quisquam est ad. Sint recusandae autem praesentium pariatur. Illo omnis error est ut. Ut adipisci et commodi. Sed non voluptas quis voluptatum expedita dolor quae.

Soluta aliquid qui ut minima. Aperiam dolore iste delectus magnam non ut. Iure quidem omnis dolore optio architecto. Tenetur et quia possimus magni illo. Ab in itaque eligendi autem quo ipsam nihil.

Ipsum soluta architecto et odio. Sapiente et id voluptas molestiae ut nihil nam. Doloremque omnis suscipit soluta consequatur non et velit recusandae. Doloremque error molestias enim et aliquam explicabo voluptas. Saepe aut rem autem quia corrupti.

Molestiae possimus consequatur ut vel temporibus et eos vero. Inventore a consectetur qui rerum maxime quis quis. Odio a et quis doloribus. Eveniet voluptatibus et voluptas iure et adipisci sit. Pariatur quod voluptate perspiciatis voluptas voluptate. Dolor nisi ut voluptas sit ut ut. Culpa ullam totam ex sit excepturi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”