LOCATION CHANGED - WSO Chicago Happy Hour: Weds. December 17th, 6:30pm, Emerald Loop

Who: Finance professionals and college students of drinking age.

What: A WSO Meetup

Why: Meet your fellow primates.

Where: Emerald Loop, 216 North Wabash (Corner of Wabash & Haddock)

When: Weds. Dec 17th, 6:30pm - 11pm (most people stayed til last call at the Nov meetup)

What to do when you get there: Ask hostess for the "WSO group"

Happy Hour Best Practices and Suggested Behavior: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/wso-happy-hour-best-practices-and-r…

---
EDIT: As mentioned in the thread below, I had to change the venue. Sorry for confusion. The happy hour will now be at Emerald Loop. The info displayed above is now correct.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (40)

Dec 17, 2014 - 1:31pm

Parking for Emerald Loop: Sidestreet likely available along Lake street, which is 1 block south of the bar. Lake is a 1-way street, with L tracks overhead. Best shot is grabbing a spot under the tracks.

Array

Dec 9, 2014 - 6:20pm

SLIM:

is this a monthly thing? would like to attend but am going to be in NYC for my firm's holiday party that day

I think the first one in a while was in November. Not sure when the last one was before that.

I can think of a small group of people who would probably vote for it to be monthly (or possibly even more frequent), but I'm not sure how the rest of the 20+ people who attended last month feel about it.

Array

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Dec 10, 2014 - 1:19pm

I go down to Houston to visit the family for Christmas that day, or else I would be there. Too bad I'll miss it... the last one was awesome.

I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Dec 10, 2014 - 2:57pm

Set one up for January (not the weekend of the 16th) and I'll be there.

CompBanker

Dec 10, 2014 - 4:26pm

CompBanker:

Set one up for January (not the weekend of the 16th) and I'll be there.

@"IlliniProgrammer" is responsible for Jan

Array

Dec 12, 2014 - 7:44pm

ag monkey:

Been more of a lurker on here...but just moved to Chicago a few months ago with a company. Is this open to anyone?

Of course!

Array

Dec 13, 2014 - 3:42pm

xuspin:

Also a lurker here, first post, it will be interesting to meet some Chicago professionals

From my experience last time, "professional" may be an overstatement lol

Just sayin

Array

Dec 14, 2014 - 9:44pm

i'm a pretty new wso user and this is the first time I've heard of this event. I am from chicago, currently attending a non-target and am trying to get my foot in the door in IB. is this a networking event?

Dec 15, 2014 - 2:44pm

In order to compete with those elite dudes I will be driving my rusty honda there. The streetside parking will be great for showing off my awesome ride, and I have a state of the art security system on it to prevent theft. (I get nervous about street parking.)

Does anyone know if the bar sells Old Style or PBR? Or am I stuck with Goose Island?

Dec 15, 2014 - 10:32pm

I'm going, I really enjoyed the last one but wasn't able to stick around long enough

and @"IlliniProgrammer" if they don't serve Old Style then we should just split a six pack and slip it in the laptop bags.

Dec 17, 2014 - 11:09am

Wish I could attend you boys have fun... and it is not a real bar if they don't have Old Style or PBR.

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen." - JP Morgan
Dec 17, 2014 - 1:30pm

FYI, I had to change the venue due to reservation problems. Sorry to spring this on you guys same-day, and hopefully you all get the message. I just notified the WSO team, and hopefully they can get everything updated.

New Venue: Emerald Loop. Located at 216 North Wabash (corner of Wabash & Haddock).

Time is still 6:30pm.

Directions are the same. Ask for WSO group when you arrive. We will have a few high-top tables near the bar area.

Parking: Sidestreet likely available along Lake street, which is 1 block south of the bar. Lake is a 1-way street, with L tracks overhead. Best shot is grabbing a spot under the tracks.

Sorry for the confusion, all.

Array

Best Response
Dec 17, 2014 - 5:53pm

Keep your golddigging NY girls and your flat foldy pizza, only irrational Chicago love should be allowed on this thread.

Dec 17, 2014 - 10:28pm

damn, totally missed this cause of the location change.

Dec 18, 2014 - 12:31am

Zach,

I dont know your username, but I totally bought your last drink because the waitress forgot to charge you until after you left and wouldnt let us leave until someone covered your tab.

You owe me a beer in Jan.

Array

Dec 18, 2014 - 10:23am

Cries:

Zach,

I dont know your username, but I totally bought your last drink because the waitress forgot to charge you until after you left and wouldnt let us leave until someone covered your tab.

You owe me a beer in Jan.

I just remembered that IP gave me like $6 or $7 coz I was bitching about paying your bill. So you actually owe IP a beer.

Array

Dec 18, 2014 - 3:54pm

IlliniProgrammer:

I don't recall any bitching. And the $7 was money I had saved on my bill because Emerald Loop gives a holiday bonus on gift cards. I was shocked and appalled that I was the only person to take advantage.

I still have $3 left on it. I'll be keeping the card in my rusty Honda to pay for a PBR next time.

I have 1.8 credits left on a Dave & Buster's card. I bought sippie straw glasses. I can't figure out how to assemble them though. I have two sippie straws. No glasses.
heister:

Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad.

https://arthuxtable.com/
Dec 20, 2014 - 4:22am

I wasn't there. Is there a Goldie impersonator?

heister:

Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad.

https://arthuxtable.com/
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (195) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (404) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (330) $82