Looking for a JV partner, seeking ~ 220M equity

Gents as was briefly discussed in a previous thread where I was asking about institutional interest in offices for major markets.  I have a deal I am in process on and I am seeking a JV partner that can bring a preliminary estimate of ~220M in equity to close out the capital stack for this transaction.  If anyone is interested in the deal let me know.

Funniest

Hello i am nigerian prince with 220m i would like to invest but first u have to help me get money out of bank account

Make as many jokes as you want guys, but I faciliated the closing of a 53M equity raise on a connection I made through a dating app.   So you could either get to work getting your firms interest and helping to close a deal or continue to make lame jokes. 

It is amazing to me about how many people complain about how hard it is to get into the business.  I am litterally putting an opportunity in front of you to get that coveted job you want or to snag a big promotion.  The people who truly succeed in this business are the ones who seize opportunities when they present themselves. 

You're posting to a forum that's 99% analysts or people still in school to raise $220M in equity, what did you expect the response to be?

There is not a firm in the world who is going to give out $220M based on an analyst who came up and said "look at this sweet deal I found on an online forum from a guy I've never met in person". I mean, you didn't even provide ANY context on the deal.

Having been around this site for years on and off and knowing a good number of the people on here.  Your assumption of the makeup of the user base is wildly off.  

I expected plenty of snark responses, however I also expect some people to actually express some interest given the state of the CRE deal market.   We are in an industry with an absolute surplus of capital and a dearth of good deals.  It is the responsibility of a good associate to partner level team member to turn over every opportunity regardless of how slim it might be.

Remember at the end of the day those who win the most are the ones who turn over one more rock after everyone else has quit. 

Most Helpful

I was in private capital raising during my banking years so can chime in on this. First of all, if you're at a reputable GP, your firm should already have a shortlist of cornerstone investors that invested with you guys before. The fact that you're on a public forum asking is already a huge red flag. For a $220M equity capital raise, the deal must be ~$1B. What kind of firm is looking at $1B+ deals that have no in-house investor relations team and/or trusted advisor?

The fact that you're phrasing your ask as if it's a favor for someone to "snag a big promotion" is a joke. You're the one needing capital to close out the deal. If anything, take people out for a dinner and suck their dick before begging for capital. GTFO.

What kind of dumpster fire shop do you work at that you would even think about making this post? Or is this an imaginary deal? Have you been forgetting your meds?

Dumpster fire you say.  You do know that deals are done every day that don't fit perfectly into your neat little world view of perscribed acceptable strategy?  Or is the idea that something different can happen is so foreign to you that you are completely incappable of accepting that it can be done?

If you are indeed not bullshitting you’d be better off going to LinkedIn or a firms website and trying to find some emails of employees at firms who can write eq/debt checks this high. I recently had an analyst at a very small developer reach out to me doing this and he brought us a large deal. I was skeptical at first but he immediately linked us with his bosses and the data room. Kid was a hustler. Pretty much everything that has been said above is correct though, looks pretty dumb/sketchy writing this on an anonymous forum.

Oh I have access to pathways and have reached out to them alrady.  I just have over the years gotten a lot of good help and opportunities from this website.  So I figured letting some of you guys have an oppotunity to express interest would be a way to give back a bit.  If something positive comes out of it I can generate a new network and someone here can help wrangle a deal that would make their career.

And before someone says "oh but you created this profile a few weeks ago... hurr durr... idiotic drivel...." I created this account specifically as a throw away to discuss some excentric strategies and opportunities.

Quo ipsum consequatur sint eveniet. Sint possimus tempora omnis voluptatem fuga neque.

Debitis cumque qui sit distinctio aperiam sapiente a dolorem. Commodi dignissimos labore nulla quia quibusdam. Quia quibusdam molestias id saepe fugit recusandae recusandae. Numquam autem ipsam animi blanditiis incidunt qui aut enim.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”