Dear WSO Members - I wanted to ask for your advice. The primary question is, should WSO build out a search arm (Oasis Search Partners?) to help place junior finance talent around the globe?
- We have incredible access to amazing talent given that WSO is the largest online community focused on careers in finance (over 2 million visits/month, ~1.5 million uniques)
- It's a natural extension for WSO since we are already experts in the recruiting and interview prep process
- Would require a significant investment of time and capital to build out the team - would also likely mean abandoning the WSO job board
- We have no in-house recruiting expertise and the economics and potential of the business are murky to me
Questions for Professionals that Decide What Recruiters to Use
- Does your firm use recruiting firms to find junior talent? Interns, analysts and associates? If so, what makes you go with one firm vs another? Would you ever use a search firm to help you find great interns?
- Are these exclusive mandates? 10-20% of 1st-year salary for each successful placement?
- Is there price sensitivity or do you just care that you are sent the best candidates with as little pain as possible? Provide the tool to screen or send you the list of candidates already pre-screened?
- Who makes this decision in your organization?
Questions for Professionals that Use Recruiters to Try and Land a Job
- What are your biggest annoyances/pain points?
- What do you wish recruiting firms did more of? did less of?
ANY/ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME!