Reneging several months after accepting an offer?

thehalifaxgroup's picture
Rank: King Kong | 1,472

Hey guys, I have an offer on the table right now. It is with a company that is pretty decent, but I'd like to continue recruiting for better jobs. However, I only have a week to decide if I want this job (and I don't know if I will land a better opportunity)

Would it be alright if I accepted this job for now, but reneged possibly in April or so if I get a better job? I was thinking I'd say something along the lines of my parent is sick and I need to be back home to take care of them (they're in a different city). Or if you guys have any suggestions for better ways to renege, I'd love to hear it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this

Comments (1)

Dec 6, 2017
Comment