So I am a 3rd year business student at a non target in Canada and I just landed a Supply chain management co-op role with a large O&G company in western Canada but my interests lie in corp dev/strat. What are my options for getting into these areas? I still have 2 co op positions left for my degree but havent seen any dev/strat related postings. Is my best option to transfer within the company? Are there transferable skills? What skills should I work on to help facilitate the transfer?
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Before you all come at me, i am currently an intern in finance at a BB. So I am one of these people as well. I go to an Ivy and everyone seems to think that the sole route to get rich is via finance and tech. Why is that? Like I am originally from the south and there are a lot of rich people...+37 by John-Smith1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 in IB
- General advice for networking in IB thread. Lol some of y’all are getting heated.
Summary: don’t just send linkedin invites and actually put in some effort. Most importantly, don’t be a dbag.+30 by Justuravgjoe in IB
- Its pretty well known that one of the buzz phrases on this site with reference to high finance is "models and bottles." I am just wondering what experiences you have all had trying to hang out/ be in a relationship with a model. Did you fail or succeed?+29 by quantgrunt in OFF
- Hi guys,
I have a MSc in Quantitative Finance obtained in Italy and have been a Quant Researcher for approx 1 year in the Netherlands for a buy-side boutique. Now I am in Quant Risk modelling in a sell-side major investment bank in Zürich, Switzerland.
Ask me...+21 by DrSnake in IB
- Hey, Really need help with finding a room in NY on a budget of around 500 dollars, does any one have any experience or willing to share their apartment?
Maybe someplace around NY will be okay too, like jersey city or edison.+16 by xWallStreet in OFF
- Are the stereotypes/rumors about New York and London IB people doing coke true? If so, is it exaggerated by media or cult movies/books?
Asking for a friend
- Dr. Mike +16 by TriggeredDrBurry in OFF
- I am currently interning at a bank the summer before my final year of undergrad, and have many peers working internships for the big 4. I have heard stories of them getting paid 30/hr for doing absolutley no work, getting to "work" from home whenever they want, and some even got this...+15 by Tallfinanceguy in IB
- Hey folks. Spent a lot of time as a ghost on these forums back when I was trying to figure out what I was doing - figured I'd give back a little for anyone who's looking at the renewable energy infra/project finance space, with specific emphasis on the buy side.
###...+14 by ob38dn in PE
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I am a girl and I often hear people talk about wanting to stay home with the baby. Makes sense to me when your child is a new born and you are in the healing process even though I am a workaholic.
Would any of you want paternity leave? Have you taken it yet? Do you think that it should be...+10 by isa2130953 in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/10-7/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 7/17, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA
- Jul17WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed July 17th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto, ON