Hey guys! Like the title says, I'm an upcoming freshman at a target school (I am also a diversity candidate). I want to get a head start on my career planning but I currently have no experience in the workforce. What do I put on my resume when I go to interviews or apply online?
Also, are there any freshman-specific programs at any banks? I've read up a lot and I couldn't find much other than the advice to start off with something simple and then moving my way up. I really want to land something for next summer and want to start shaping my future. Is there anything I can do to get a head-start on my competition?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! :)
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+91 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Any new tips that could helpful is greatly appreciated. Some input on what to expect from your experience...+45 by DCF_king in IB
- Title says it all. I know that the intern making accumulated simple mistakes or if the intern just isn't a cultural fit they won't end up with a return offer.
Do you guys have any stories of single actions/events where an intern was instantly 'dinged'... like something...+40 by ctrl-z in IB
- *I'm sure so many of you are tired of seeing my name around here - but god damn this community is truly amazing.*
1. I graduated from a shitty high-school (Ranked 2/10 on Zillow).
2. I had a 2.6 GPA
3. I smoked weed (perfectly fine, but is just not for me) and was distracted,...+31 by champagnepaki in SCSS
- Just curious what the brilliant minds of WSO have to say about this. Obviously it's a good idea to pay down debt and not spend your money on a sports car, but also given the current interest rate environment - maybe it makes sense to pay down school debt slowly and invest all disposable...+26 by whatsapitchbook in OFF
- Hey everyone...sorry to take so long for part 3 of equity research vs. investment banking. For those who missed the first two parts, see the links below:
[Work/Life Balance: Equity Research Vs. Investment Banking - (A Definitive Guide, Part...+25 by NoEquityResearch in ER
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Hey guys, so I’m a non target who recently got an offer at a (Blair,Lokey,Jefferies) for 2019. I wrestled in high school and have always loved lifting and staying in shape. I’m a little worried about what my banking schedule is gonna be like next year and where I’ll be able to fit lifting...+20 by Joocy-Froot in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jun19Podcast: Hack the entrepreneur -- John Nastor -- 6/19/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun20Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/20-6/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online