I hope this is the right forum to post this in. I'm really quite interested in AM and am currently on a risk management graduate scheme whereby I have 3 rotations. First was pretty much a dud so I'm looking to my second now, and am looking to pick up skills that will aid me in getting into AM.
A role has been offered to the cohort in Wealth Management Credit Risk, but I'm unsure whether the skillset would translate over into AM.
It seems to largely be focused on concepts such as:
- Impairments/capital calculations and forecasting
- Customer portfolio stress testing
- Looking at portfolio trends (i.e. portfolio of customers, not assets, in SQL, SAS, etc.)
- Controls around the wealth management business
Would be great to get your thoughts/input on this - thanks in advance!
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.