20% (177 votes)
A Good Year
1% (6 votes)
Barbarians at the Gate
2% (17 votes)
5% (46 votes)
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
4% (33 votes)
Glengarry Glen Ross
1% (10 votes)
Harold and Kumar
5% (47 votes)
2% (21 votes)
17% (146 votes)
Other People's Money
0% (2 votes)
Pursuit of Happyness
7% (58 votes)
1% (9 votes)
The Family Man
2% (16 votes)
1% (12 votes)
Stocks and Blondes
0% (4 votes)
4% (36 votes)
24% (214 votes)
Wall Street 2
3% (27 votes)
Total votes: 881
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Guys, This is a serious and sincere plea to any of you undergraduate kids who're using these silly titles on their LinkedIn profiles. Please for god's sake, take this out. It just looks stupid and wannabe-ish. I don't know who started doing this and where, but it's just...
- Since I became active in WSO several weeks ago, I've noticed a few threads on "I have this much money, what should I do with it?" And the amounts have ranged from $2,000 to $20mm, and to put it bluntly I'm tired of people giving stock tips to strangers when they have no...
- We are finally here! For those of you waiting on the WSO Hedge Fund Interview Guide, thank you for your patience -- it has been a long process to get to this stage. Unlike investment banking or private equity, the hedge fund universe is enormous, so we really had to spend a long time drafting...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to allow all WSO users to create a...
- This is really excellent. Imagine having Bridgewater's Ray Dalio as your Econ 101 professor. Then imagine that the class was only 30 minutes long. I can't for the life of me understand why he made this (it seems to me that Bridgewater's clients should already know this stuff), but...
- I'm a lot older than most of you guys and while I never worked in FO IB or desired to do so, I don't understand the obsession and circle jerk of getting into IB. I genuinely believe this behavior is putting too much pressure on yourself and it DEFINITELY will show during an interview....
- Hey guys - I regretted posting this for a while but now that it is mid April, I figured the time has come. I am a first year Analyst at a Euro BB M&A group in NY and recently struck out at PE recruiting. I got a decent amount of interviews given that my group places pretty well each year,...
- Hello everyone, A few months ago I came to this board with a really tough dilemma and you guys helped me see it through. I now want to pay it forward as I know that people are getting increasingly interested in corporate development/ corporate finance. Here is my story: I studied at a...
- Big Announcement: WSO Private Equity Official Resume Template for Experienced Professionals with Deal Experience is Now Public!: Click here for the free investment banking resume template for college students. For those of you with deal or project experience coming from Investment...
- Hello All, Planning on cold in mailing through LinkedIn to try and network my way to an IB gig. Granted, this isn't the only way I am going to try and land a job but what are the guidelines for...
- RSM ER det mellomstore revisjonsselskapet i Norge. Alt vi gjor, gjor vi for a skape gode kundeopplevelser. Maten vi gjor det pa er blant annet gjennom a tiltrekke og beholde bunnsolide medarbeidere....
- Backstory: We have a team of 5 plus a director. We have 3 Sr. Managers and two analyst. Our one Analyst has yet to attempt to pick up any of the responsibilities after 6 months and our 3 Sr....
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- Hi, I am new to this forum and wanted to get some advice for breaking in/prepping for a potential real estate position in an investments team, be it a REIT, pension fund, REPE. I am from Canada and...
- Throwaway account just in case. I currently have a FT offer at a mid-tier MM. I knew I wanted to lateral after the summer, as all the talent was leaving and it seemed like a sinking ship with no...
- After some aggressive networking, I was able to secure phone calls with 2 PMs. I have a rough idea of what I want to ask them, but I just wanted to know if WSO could help? Are there any questions I...
- Hi, I have 2 summer internship offers, one at a large regional Asian bank for non IBD sales role and another for a advisory intern in a boutique small investment bank. Classic dilemma of size over...
- Looking to put together an event for those of us in the DC area. Drinks and a light bit of networking @ Roofer's Union in Adams Morgan on Thursday 4/28. Respond if you guys would be interested/...
- Just about to graduate from a non-target with a previous internship in DCM. I interviewed for a DCM analyst role at what I thought was a small firm, apparently it is one man small. The founder worked...
- Hey guys kinda new to the forum, seeking some advice. I recruited for one of the MBB's this spring and didnt end up with an offer for the summer internship after getting to the final round. How do I...
- Sparks Corporation believes in satisfying its clients with the kind of service founded on a range of financial strategies that delivers their needs and objectives for the present and in the future....
- Hello! I'm currently undertaking a Bcomm Finance. I think that a law degree, in addition to the Finance degree, would be helpful to my career? Would it? and in what areas? what would happen if I did...
- Wevest helps you replicate the trades others make in real time.
- Which school would present more opportunities for breaking into investment banking?
What do you consider "Working on Wall Street"?
Working for a high finance bank on the actual "Wall" St
Working for a high finance bank in Manhattan
Working for a high finance bank in the greater NYC area
Working for a high finance bank in the (anywhere in the USA)
Working for a high finance bank (Worldwide)
Total votes: 1493