What's your favorite Finance-related movie?
19% (150 votes)
A Good Year
1% (5 votes)
Barbarians at the Gate
2% (13 votes)
6% (43 votes)
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
3% (24 votes)
Glengarry Glen Ross
1% (10 votes)
Harold and Kumar
6% (44 votes)
3% (20 votes)
16% (125 votes)
Other People's Money
0% (2 votes)
Pursuit of Happyness
7% (51 votes)
1% (8 votes)
The Family Man
2% (15 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Stocks and Blondes
1% (4 votes)
4% (33 votes)
24% (188 votes)
Wall Street 2
3% (26 votes)
Total votes: 773
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this is the 2011 Finance-forum post of the year (from Jan 28, 2011). Thanks @Marcus_Halberstram" for a great post!</em> Since it is recruiting season, Im posting a multi-part series on how the whole process works to help the...
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time! We are all looking for information on timelines and deadlines for every bank...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap. </em> Things are okay now, but I got...
- <EM>Inspired by the <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/why-you-arent-getting-offers">"Why YOU Aren't Getting Offers"</a> repost for #TBT.</EM> I just participated in a series of interviews and I was sincerely disappointed. I was...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 42 reps signed up but would love to add 20-30 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong presentation/communication skills who are...
- Again take everything I say with a grain of salt... <h3>1) Are we happy yet value investors? </h3> A while ago, I was once asked if I was happy. It was a weird question since I'm generally a happy person but this investor thought I wasn't expressing an appropriate...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): This post by @SSits" is a comment originally posted in this thread <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/karoshi-death-from-overwork-on-wall-street#comment-1292989">"Karōshi": Death from Overwork on Wall Street"</a> and...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- I'm a rising senior at a target school and will be applying to FT management consulting positions at top and mid-tier firms. I'm not sure that my GPA is high enough for some firms, but I'll give them...
- Hello everyone, I'm a second year economics student at the university of Nottingham in the UK and I'm looking to break into M&A. I didnt manage to get a SW but I am current applying for summer...
- Hey monkeys, I've read up on this subject in some older threads and was curious as to what the consensus was on the forum regarding this now. Are you folks still using one phone for work and one...
- Hi guys, Having interned in M&A this summer, I now have an FT offer to go back. The offer is from one of the most sought after M&A teams on the street. Now as I finally have the choice to...
- I was working on a practice test for Level 1 when I came across this bugger. The answer provided makes absolutely no sense to me. I honestly think they made an error. If I don't get to the bottom of...
- Which do I put: 85% average - (technically converts to a 4.0) lol 3.7 GPA which do i put onto resume...
- While I've been known to give to charitable causes in the past, I've recently become more generous with my money and have begun donating to a number of charities that I believe have a high impact and...
- Hello, I am currently looking to research firms, and I was wondering what is a good source to find information on locations and fund sizes?
- Good evening monkeys, I am currently in college and trying to nail down my next step. I would like to take my startup experience and work as a VC associate for a couple of years. Then, I would like...
- There's pretty much been a consensus agreement that a large number of jobs face a high likelihood of being replaced by robots and/or automated functions. For example, a large number of accounting...
- Tired of seeing the constant corruption on the global finance scene? Wondering if anyone else feels the same way? Marshall Swing does! Swing has just released a new parody track "Blythe The Knife"...
- Hi All, I just joined the WSO. As a former aspiring physician, I studied biology and worked throughout in various positions in sales , project management, and helped build a startup as well. I am...
- Hi guys, I'm currently working for one of the BB banks on the data side for about 10 month so far. (I'm now 24, each of my master degrees cost me 1 year, if knowing my age would help in the career...
- Hi everyone. I am considering applying for the Columbia EMBA. Before I kill a ton of time pursuing this, just wanted to get a general sense of where my chances fall. Below are my stats. - Top...
2015 Interns - how would you describe your summer internship experience?
Love it, exactly what I hoped for
Really tough, but good experience
Going OK, could be better could be worse
Too easy, spend all day on WSO and Reddit
Very boring/not learning anything, when does it end?
Horrible, I'm even considering switching career paths
N/A - not an intern
Total votes: 487