What's your favorite Finance-related movie?
19% (149 votes)
A Good Year
1% (5 votes)
Barbarians at the Gate
2% (13 votes)
6% (43 votes)
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
3% (24 votes)
Glengarry Glen Ross
1% (10 votes)
Harold and Kumar
6% (44 votes)
3% (20 votes)
16% (123 votes)
Other People's Money
0% (2 votes)
Pursuit of Happyness
7% (51 votes)
1% (8 votes)
The Family Man
2% (15 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Stocks and Blondes
1% (4 votes)
4% (33 votes)
24% (187 votes)
Wall Street 2
3% (26 votes)
Total votes: 769
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted on 9/22/12</em> So, this question keeps coming up, "if I negotiate with a prospective employer, will I piss them off or ruin my chances?" I wanted to share the perspective of the person hiring...
- When I was starting out in finance a while back, WSO was an amazing resource and really helped me so I thought I'd give back. This is my first real post on WSO and I don't think I've seen one of these posts recently so I thought I'd put it up. With the start of the summer,...
- This week, I want to share with you one of the sources that inspired my quest to deconstruct excellence. It was a fascinating (but very long) report in <i>Sociological Theory</i> that made me realize that the three things I thought I knew about what makes great people who they are...
- I get a ton of emails and answer a ton of posts asking similar questions so I thought I would answer the most common ones I get here and allow others to post their questions so everyone can see them and the subsequent answers. Hope this helps. <h3>Summer Analyst...
- <h3>Endowments & Foundations Part 1: A Basic Overview</h3> I think the most useful threads I’ve read on this site were threads from people like @BlackHat" who explained a specific industry in finance and what they do. They always helped while I was in undergrad and was...
- As we approach our 10 Year anniversary, I'd like to thank the thousands of members that have made WSO an incredible resource to millions of readers. The last 10 years have been an amazing ride and I can't wait to tackle the next 10! As part of our celebration, we thought a 10% site...
- Hey all, Recent graduate here trying to kill time before work starts. I've seen a number of recent posts about people in finance getting burnt out and considering picking up the skillset to become software engineers. I'd be happy to answer any questions about this trade-off, or...
- As requested by @MBAGrad2015" in <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/demystifying-gso-capital-blackstone">my previous post (about GSO)</a> and several other users who pm-ed me about BAAM, I decided to start another "demystifying" thread - the...
- I've had a great and interesting journey so far, and to be honest, I'm not sure what I want to do finally - we'll see how it goes. I'm impatient, not detail-oriented, fun loving, not serious - none of the characteristics generally valued in banking or consulting. Yet I...
- Competition is generally thought of as a good thing but too much of a good thing isn’t good for too long. I was brought up in the kind of intense academic environment where competition gives way to rivalry, sabotage and one-upmanship. Many of you may be part of a similar environment right now....
- Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to do well at Berkeley (good grades, school year internships) and recruit for IBD (or Consulting)? With a school of that many kids in Econ & Haas and a...
- Hi everyone! I am currently doing an internship at a big Asian bank. When I got here I did have to fill out a form saying how long I would be interning, etc. I know that for many jobs, employers will...
- I had an on-site interview with the hiring manager (SVP) who flew in from NY. During the interview, he commented that the office's senior analyst was also supposed to interview me, alongside him, but...
- Hey everyone, I'm intrigued by the possibility of someday leaving banking to work for a professional sports franchise. MLB is by far the most analytics heavy. Does anyone know of stories where...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO...
- Gulftainer, a privately owned, independent terminal operating and logistics company, recorded an impressive eight per cent growth in container volume in 2014, achieving a total of 6.4 million twenty-...
- As we approach our 10 Year anniversary, I'd like to thank the thousands of members that have made WSO an incredible resource to millions of readers. The last 10 years have been an amazing ride and I...
- Was planning on going on vacation out of the country for, pretty much, all of December. Then I remembered that that time is right in the middle of of recruiting season for SA. Could being out of the...
- I'm going into my freshman year at Cornell as a prospective physics major and want to leverage Cornell's traditionally strong engineering/physics/compsci programs: Majors: Physics, Some type of...
- Hi everyone, I've been looking at some RE developers and am trying to find a way to value these companies - companies such as SunEdison and NextEra Energy. These companies seem slightly more complex...
- So I am looking to potentially move to the Southeast for family reasons and starting my job search with the goal of being down there by year end to March next year. I am currently looking for any...
- I got placed at the rates desk, and besides reading everything and trying to learn as much as i can about fixed income, I don't think i'm contributing much. Any ideas on what i could do? How did you...
- dvtrading dot com is the link but I can't link yet Hey guys, I am a rising senior at a non target with a 3.85 overall and 3.95 in Econ/Finance with accounting minor. Currently interning at a small...
- Hi guys, please critique. I'll be graduating this summer, with a slightly higher GPA most likely.http://i.imgur.com/boP61Qf.png?1
- Hi All, I am currently an associate covering the restaurants sector at a small sell-side shop. I have interviewed at a couple of places recently, and now have 2 offers - one covering the Food &...
What's your current monkey status?
Recent grad, looking for work
In a graduate program (MBA, MSF etc)
Recent MBA/MSF or equiv graduate, looking for work
Currently work full time in finance, 0-5 years
Currently work full time in finance, 5+ years
Currently work in another field
Quit finance / left by choice / retired
Recently laid-off from a finance position
Other (in high school, actual monkey, etc)
Total votes: 302