What's your favorite Finance-related movie?
19% (149 votes)
A Good Year
1% (5 votes)
Barbarians at the Gate
2% (13 votes)
6% (43 votes)
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
3% (24 votes)
Glengarry Glen Ross
1% (10 votes)
Harold and Kumar
6% (44 votes)
3% (20 votes)
16% (125 votes)
Other People's Money
0% (2 votes)
Pursuit of Happyness
7% (51 votes)
1% (8 votes)
The Family Man
2% (15 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Stocks and Blondes
1% (4 votes)
4% (33 votes)
24% (187 votes)
Wall Street 2
3% (26 votes)
Total votes: 771
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- As we approach our 10 Year anniversary, I'd like to thank the thousands of members that have made WSO an incredible resource to millions of readers. The last 10 years have been an amazing ride and I can't wait to tackle the next 10! As part of our celebration, we thought a 10% site...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Make sure to bookmark this page as this will be the cumulative thread for 2016 SA <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span>...
- I thought I'd write a networking post from a different perspective. We often see advice on WSO from people who are undergrads or recent hires with advice on how to network into the industry (good fresh perspectives from people who have recently navigated "the system"). I wanted to...
- Today is the big day we've been waiting for/dreading since early June, when we peeled out of the testing center parking lots, burned our books, and went off to get drunk with our long lost friends. Level I & II results will be released via email today after 9:00 A.M ET. Level III...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- Dionysius the Elder, a ruler in ancient Greece, ran up massive debts to pay for his multiple military campaigns. His solution? Change every drachma into two drachmas. Pulling money from nowhere to cover massive debts has seemed to be a monetary policy throughout Greek’s history. First, let...
- Stumbled across this Forbes article from 1999 (link at bottom of post). When reading the first few paragraphs, you could easily think it was written yesterday (aside from the salary #'s). Makes the dotcom bubble of yore feel eerily familiar.... [quote]" <strong>7/26/1999...
- Hey guys, Udemy.com is offering <span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso15/wsoasis/" target="_blank">Wall Street Prep</a></span>'s <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Thought some of you may enjoy reading this. For the last 1-2 years, I've been running an editing service as a side gig. I probably won't operate it for too much longer because my regular job takes too much time, but I thought there were some good takeaways from running it that I will...
- Mod Note (Andy): Make sure to check out the comment inside the post by @M- Weintraub So, it's been a while since I've provided content to this wonderful website (sorry Patrick). But, I figure now...
- I've heard from some people that they had trouble finding out how to sign up for this list. Add your name/email to the form below and you'll be notified of future webinars. FYI I email 30min before...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- This post is a follow-up to one of my earlier posts, 'Stop reading the news thoughtlessly and develop a macro framework' which had generated some interest among WSO users. In this post, I'll briefly...
- Ever since I can remember, I have read to enrich my experiences. So now, as a proud business school graduate, I can reflect on the books that enhanced my MBA experience. Regardless of career or...
- Recently guys I have started a career in the construction industry as a project manager and cost estimator for a local company (boutique) and have seen the underlying similarities to the bankers of...
- I am currently an undergraduate student at IIT BHU, Varanasi, India
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time!...
- How do you all feel about the syndicate desk, is it a good place to begin your career?
- So I'm cozy with "America's Markets", but lately I've been seeing allot of repo, reverse-repo, and hyper-repo activity of u.s. securities in the Mexican Exchange. Whats the purpose of this? Any...
- How do you folks get delivery at your apartments? Is it acceptable to just ship stuff to work?
- Just wondering if this is acceptable? I have been browsing on the forums and it looks as if more people say don't do it then people who say do it. I am confused though, because aren't unofficial...
- Hi all I'm currently working as a research analyst in the UK (at one of the big 4 agents) and I am teaching myself how to model in the hope of making an internal move to a Corp finance role and...
- Hi everyone, I am looking for a place where I can find a quick and simple overview of the most recent multiples by industry? I do not work in investment banking and rarely used multiples in my job....
- Mod note: Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 8/22/12. Here's an interesting spin on the class warfare that seems to have grown much worse over the past decade. MSNBC's Chris Hayes opines in...
WSO - what's the main reason you wouldn't watch one of our webinars?
I'm not interested in the topics
The presentation times aren't convenient for me
I'm unaware of when they're happening
I wait to watch them in the video library
WSO has webinars?!
Other (please comment)
Total votes: 82