Sturdy Tailored Suit $400-$600

I'm a new-to-NYC back office analyst that is looking to adapt to the local dress code with a few tailored suits.

My initial foray into the market was MySuit on Broadway, which melded a decent-quality product with service that degraded severely after money was exchanged. After waiting over an hour to pick up a suit (with appointment), I'd prefer to vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. What recommendations do you have for tailored suits in the $400-$600 range? I've combed through previous threads, but Yelp has found most of the recommendations (e.g. Alton Lane, Mr. Ned, etc.) rather lacking.

Criteria:
-$400 to $600 per suit
-Pedestrian measurements (lanky 38R)
-Simple/Conservative design; nothing fancy or ornate
-Reliable service (able to fit appointments into lunches or between evening plans without risk)
-2-4 week turnaround, sooner is better

Try looking at SuitSupply. I've heard good things and I think they have a store in NYC. They opened a Chicago branch today and I plan to go get a new suit from them in the coming weeks.

Nothing short of everything will really do.

Serious question: You actually have to wear suits in BO? Why buy something expense that you just don't need, especially a tailored/MTM/bespoke suit? Seems ridiculous to me and again I don't mean to be rude with my first question. I've just never seen people in BO/Ops wear suits - it's all just button downs and slacks with some firms being even more relaxed

Please, spend 800 and go directly to Mr. Ned. Without question the best hidden gem in New York City, and in men's attire globally, period.

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat."

Pick up suits at Last Call or Saks at Woodbury Commons. Nabbed some Hickey's marked from 1500 down to about 360 after discount. Paid $60 to get it tailored and for less than $450 you're wearing a quality suit that fits right.

Deserunt accusantium consectetur odit non excepturi. Ad non voluptas consequuntur voluptatem et odio. Nobis alias consequatur sapiente laboriosam. Quis assumenda at odio eos. Aut vel nostrum laudantium ut. A natus quas amet voluptatem quae. Eligendi dolores quibusdam eum perferendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”