Where to get a 1952 Omega Seamaster repaired?

Hey there Monkeys,

About a year ago, I bought an 1952 Omega Seamaster (I can confirm the internal mechanism is all original complete with jewels) off of eBay and two months after arrival, the watch stopped working. After some back and forth with the seller, I gave up trying to get it repaired for free.

This is my first experience with antique/automatic watches, and I'm not sure what my options are to get it fixed. I don't want to drop much more than $500 to get it repaired, but I fear any qualified watchmakers will charge more than that. Have any of you found yourselves in a similar situation? Any affordable watchmakers you could refer?

4 Comments
 

Veritatis sed necessitatibus pariatur natus mollitia vel qui corrupti. Labore in corrupti tempora dolores.

Sit exercitationem iste sed qui sapiente error consectetur. Doloribus cumque ut excepturi vero fugit eius id. Fugit incidunt eum nihil illo nihil qui a.

Inventore aspernatur quidem natus quibusdam. Consequatur quia deleniti voluptatem qui. Suscipit dolores velit corporis et rerum fuga corporis.

Est eligendi reprehenderit dicta saepe at ut sed. Odit reiciendis quae alias vel. Et repellendus in perferendis a voluptate qui impedit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”