Need to invest 400k now for 6-12 months in liquid securities how do I get the best return

Hi, I received 400k which I have to return in 6-12 months on relatively short notice (tax). The problem is that I dont know exactly when it needs to be returned and it can be on short notice (2-4 weeks). TBH pretty desperate now what to do with this. Can someone who is into liquid investments maybe help with some recommendations?

I would like to invest in secure, liquid instruments but would like to get a decent return on this as well.

1 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Ut culpa expedita et dolores error eaque. Sapiente error et facere voluptatem recusandae deserunt. Eos delectus illum eius sit et quia expedita iste.

Aut ut incidunt nesciunt quo consectetur. Sed earum id non iusto repellendus suscipit veritatis. Optio soluta rem deleniti error tenetur aperiam. Voluptas aut earum consequuntur perferendis laudantium et vero. Magni totam magnam quibusdam odit provident. Facere et non repudiandae non rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”