2022 Compensation - What Are You Guys Expecting?

What are you guys expecting on comp this year and what would you be happy with? Imagine folks at BB are expecting less than EBs given that revenue at a lot of EBs has held up.

I'll start. I'm an ASO3 at EB and made ~$525k all-in last year as an ASO2 (ASO3 apparently was ~$600k). I'm setting expectations at ~$525k for this year, would be happy with $550k+ this year, and would be irate if all-in was a dollar under $500k. 

122 Comments
 
Controversial

Your bonus this year should be not getting fired. Business is down 50%+ and you guys are expecting a 20% y/y reduction from elevated numbers? 

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”