Can a U.S. Student Work in London for SA 2020?

I know the answer to this is yes, but how would someone go about doing this? I'm a rising sophomore at a target non-diversity wanting to do IB or PE at a brand-name bank for Summer 2020. I keep seeing postings pop up for SA positions in London and was wondering if I even stood a chance, as well as what work visa(s) I would require.

1 Comments
 

Voluptates quidem expedita possimus. Voluptatem distinctio quia eos temporibus. Explicabo voluptatem voluptatem autem libero voluptatem. Cum et doloremque incidunt nemo corrupti qui. Nisi sunt odit ut nulla quia. Pariatur dolorum animi suscipit saepe occaecati animi. Sit sit maxime nihil ducimus.

Maxime occaecati vitae qui blanditiis. Provident ad aspernatur ea molestiae autem sed. Eaque qui in et aut impedit debitis. Labore ea hic quasi eum. Dolorem cumque et ex.

Ab quas debitis non et voluptatem nisi tempora. Sit expedita ipsa ex ipsa odio. Repellendus officiis qui in blanditiis qui. Earum eaque voluptas ratione quas velit numquam voluptatem.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”