EUROPEAN IB Summer 2019 Internships

Hey all,

I am a European engineering student and just finished my bachelor's degree. I have secured an internship this summer at Big4 in valuation. I am looking for internships in any European financial capital for the summer of 2019. If you could answer some of these European specific, would be very helpful.

  1. I sometimes feel like I need to be a graduate to be applying for internships...?
  2. Is there a difference in applying between UK students (I think they usually follow the American academic route, ie. get a job after they finish their undergrad). I know most people from my country usually do some type of business school and then get into IB in London, that's why I'm asking. I honestly just think that's stupid...
  3. Is my best chance to just apply to BBs? Since they seem to have a more centralized and standardized application process?
  4. Do you think I make any chance of landing an interview? I have average grades from a good university in NW Europe - not "target"
1 Comments
 

Vel et ipsam minima ratione fugiat quod reiciendis. Autem nihil ut omnis tempora totam. Et et et commodi unde sed voluptas saepe.

Qui magni et quam voluptatem quia optio. Quaerat quas et blanditiis suscipit. Incidunt corrupti veniam iste itaque. Et ipsam totam quas reprehenderit quam dolorem molestias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”