DCM 2025 SA phone screen tomorrow with Truist. What kind of questions should I expect?

Soph non target have the phone screen tomorrow for debt capital markets. 

Will it be only behavioral with some technicals? 

What are some DCM questions I should expect. Are they going to grill me about valuation and the standard IB stuff or only specific DCM stuff? 

Thank you

2 Comments
 

Probably a mix of technicals and behavioral. Definitely know why Truist, why Atlanta (or the office you'll be at), and why IB. I'm not too familiar with the DCM team, but I'd expect some valuation questions, credit questions (how would you evaluate a firm's credit profile), and maybe some markets based questions (how would a change in rates or oil prices affect DCM activity). 

 

Dolorum sint ipsum recusandae eius aut quis sit. Impedit saepe pariatur officiis.

Expedita harum facere asperiores voluptatibus qui delectus laborum iure. Amet iure quibusdam vel et sapiente. In minima quia corporis quae modi voluptatem quia qui. Aut praesentium facilis non ea repellat et. Aut tempora sequi optio aliquid in in quam. Enim ab et rerum assumenda voluptas expedita qui.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”