Help! — When to submit SA 2023 apps?

I have a question regarding interview timelines that I couldn't find a concrete answer to on this site.

So, some BB SA 2023 apps just opened at my school with deadlines of late 2022 and early 2023. My question is, should I submit the apps right now and right away — or network more and get a better feel before being barraged by HireVues?

I feel so left in the dark with regard to if its rolling as apps come in and at what time first round interviews are scheduled, all because the open application period is literally almost an entire year. Undergraduates like myself on these forums run around claiming that superdays are being scheduled already a week after apps open, so can someone shed some light on this? 

I would really appreciate it!

Most Helpful

Network like a dog next week (skip class if you have to). Draft your emails this weekend and have them scheduled to auto send when the week starts. Then jump on calls throughout the week.

Then submit apps the week after. It’s gettiomng late now. EB diversity has wrapped up and nondiv is kicking off like next week for most firms. Some BBs are also done with diversity (BAML, MS), so for a lot of these firms, their classes are half full at this point.

Time to start working.

For the firms that don’t have their apps open (UBS, DB, Barclays) you still have time.

have responses to you guys' networking emails decreased a lot over the past few weeks? 

used to get ~30% hit rate, now its barley 10% if im lucky. go to target too

Analyst at EVR here. I used to reply to all the emails from undergrads like you (~3 per week), but then around mid-January, my inbox started getting blown up (~15 per week). I got super busy with work in the new year, too. 
Taking these calls became way too onerous; I just don’t have that amount of time. Plus, I can only really push one or two resumes, or else I devalue my recommendations, and I already had a couple prospects that really impressed me. 
I haven’t replied to a cold email in nearly two months now. 

Same, was hovering around 35% but I've gotten 2 maybe 3 responses in the past ~30 emails these couple of weeks. 

Dicta qui ducimus saepe voluptatum sunt tempora repudiandae. Officiis amet corrupti velit aut non.

Animi vitae repudiandae voluptas est. Quisquam odio quod cum. Sed ipsam consequatur id sapiente quibusdam et. Voluptatem dolor perspiciatis sunt quia quia ad. Numquam assumenda omnis veniam ut nobis quaerat. Unde voluptatibus id quas aut fuga.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”