Honor Code Violation + Grade Drop; Recruiting for IB SA 2026

Hi guys; so, I fucked up because I'm recruiting for IB SA 2026 roles this/next semester and this semester, I recieved an honor code violation and will get an F in one of my classes. 

My school won't have a finalized version of my grades for this semester (especially because the honor code violation proces won't be complete and give me a final grade until mid-Jan ish). I am aiming to already submit my applications to banks at this point, so is it harmful/untruthful to report my current grade (3.85) on my resume? I calculated my changed gpa and it'll drop to like a 3.5 ish, but this won't happen until after I submit my applications. 

Any insight on how fucked or screwed I am for this current cycle is appreciated. I know I fucked up and I've been really struggling with continuing to do coffee chats and sending cold-emails while I'm currently going through this. I attend a semi-target btw. 

3 Comments
 

Voluptates dolorum rerum impedit. Et sunt quia perferendis. Quis quod corrupti est accusantium quas dolores numquam. Tenetur mollitia culpa sed doloremque earum molestiae dolore. Ab explicabo qui quis sit itaque autem fugiat.

Et ut est est corrupti a. Nostrum sint molestias blanditiis atque et sunt labore ipsa.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”