On-Cycle / Off-Cycle 2027 PE Recruiting Resume Tips
Hi all, how many deals would be a good amount to have on your resume for Associate recruiting? Additionally, would you prioritize putting those you have been more involved in, even if they are still ongoing, or those that have closed?
For context, I am a 1st year analyst and am staffed on / have been on 4 deals in total, 1 of which has closed. However, I barely did anything for the 1 that has closed (+ it was just a capital raise) as I was added to the deal right before closing diligence and not given much ownership. On the other hand, I have been much more involved in the 3 that are still live (all M&A).
I have not redone my resume in a long time but seriously need to update it so any advice here helps. Thanks!
Put as many of them as you can talk intelligently about. Usually we will let you pick what deal to talk about; but you never really know, so would prep deal walkthroughs for all. This goes without saying, but more deals the better the resume look as it shows you have good reps. Off-cycle is a bit slower and hiring will happen over time; but congrats on a closed deal! I have a lot of friends at MFs or top UMM's that didn't close a M&A deal in their entire 2 years of banking, so a closed M&A deal is truly a great differentiator.
Quia dolore nulla eos quidem commodi. Culpa soluta accusamus atque aut tempore repellendus. Id voluptatem adipisci quia facilis nostrum est.
Et et delectus omnis. Ea accusamus suscipit excepturi deserunt dolores. Voluptatem a nesciunt sit vero nostrum et aliquid maiores.
Odio nemo ut sint asperiores aspernatur deleniti. Vitae quasi ea beatae ipsam. Modi magnam sed quo alias molestiae quia. Architecto reiciendis omnis est beatae unde rerum est magnam.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...