Special Assets or Product Management for Resume Boost?
I am looking at an. And, I'm entertaining the decisions below.
For perspective I'm at a $30-$50 Billion in Total Assets bank.
- Special Assets - > Special Assets at big bank -> Distressed Credit w/o Grad School
- If I go to grad school I'm not sure a role in special assets would help boost my app since these roles are super structured at established banks and I don't see anything interesting, or the potential for a meaningful letter of rec.
- Down this path I'll never get a taste of path 2 below.
- Operations/Project Management type role
- This role will allow me to flex my individuality and ability to get stuff done. I feel like there is more to it and more potential for a meaningful letter of rec. These roles make me really excited. I saw a strategy based one at a bank and thought it was cool, though to be fair upper cool too, and not just because of the money.
- It can help determine if I want to pursue consulting long term or if I want to stay in finance post MBA