BAML PWM Internship- Summer 2016

I Just got an offer for an internship at ML PWM. I accepted on the spot because my family's friend is the one who offered me. (Sue me for not getting the internship the hard way) It's going to be my first internship and the program starts next summer after I finish my sophomore year. I realize that PWM internships are not great as a sophomore internship, especially since my goal for fall 2016 and summer 2017 is to get an internship on the institutional side, (IB or small shop HF hopefully) through recruiting or somehow leveraging into ML IBD from ML PWM. Am I driving myself into a ditch by accepting this internship for next summer or will having it on my resume help me even a little bit for recruiting for future internships in IB and HF's?

Keep in mind I have no prior internships in the finance industry. Only standard work experience.

3 Comments
 

Ideally you will want to have a boutique experience for sophomore year. But PMW will be fine. Just make sure network a ton when you do the internship next summer. Lots of people land on IB after the year they did a PMW, not to mention your PMW is at ML.

 

Eveniet iusto enim quae ipsum impedit praesentium. Delectus numquam qui qui minus maxime odio quo. Distinctio nobis ea ut.

Vitae aliquam velit rerum. Sunt vero qui numquam provident.

Quia excepturi quis quis sint ea dolores. Et voluptas fuga et reprehenderit provident sint eum aut. Et sint rerum tempore consequatur eos aliquid. Ab vel repellendus ex non distinctio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”