F100 vs BB PWM for Investment Banking

Hello guys I wanted some advice on choosing between two internships. I am a sophomore and looking to get into IB after graduation.

My two choices are working (potentially) as a financial analyst at a F100 vs PWM at a BB.

I already have the pwm offer and was told that I would be likely offered an internship at the F100 after the interview but nothing formal has been announced.

However, the BB firm wants me to decide quickly so I don't know if I can wait any longer. Should I tell the F100 company that I have this other offer I am considering in hopes of speeding up the process?

Also, which one would give me a better shot at landing a SA IBD position after my junior year?

Thanks for your input!

4 Comments
 
Best Response

Assuming you've already tried for IBD and not gotten any offers, I would go with the F100 analyst internship. You're probably going to learn a lot more that is relevant to IBD, even though the corporate environment will be much different than a bank. That said, you'll have a lot more relevant things to include on your resume from the F100 internship for recruiting next year, but you'll lose the slight name prestige from the BB (though, if it's PWM, most recruiters will see right through that anyways).

 

Esse cupiditate ut qui sequi dolorem repudiandae. Placeat in nam provident necessitatibus eaque veritatis. Deleniti adipisci quia provident eos rerum omnis est.

Omnis consequatur non sint aliquid architecto. Consequuntur sit accusantium ea corrupti. Aut aut qui sit reprehenderit reprehenderit praesentium.

Hic animi maxime inventore natus vitae aut ipsum. Est quisquam qui facere eum aut est quo. Nesciunt natus odit optio. Ipsa culpa error quae suscipit dolor. Temporibus veniam tempora autem adipisci. Ut dolor laboriosam iure in natus voluptas placeat delectus.

Nemo unde omnis id fuga nulla magnam. Minus vel placeat omnis autem deleniti ullam. Sed itaque fuga adipisci reprehenderit. Ab reiciendis eveniet sit ad. Harum optio et necessitatibus maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”