Wealth Management intern to IB Intern (Summer 2020), Advice?

I am a sophomore Economics and Business Law major at a Big10 non-target school interning for a team at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management (Merrill) for the 2019 year. My GPA is currently is above a 3.5 but may dip after the Spring grades are posted. I am hoping to hold an Investment Banking internship in the Summer of 2020. I have a few specific questions and would greatly appreciate general advice.

  • How should I start searching for positions in IB?

  • What's the best time to start applying to Summer 2020 IB internships?

  • What can help me determine what type of IB is the best fit for me?

  • Are there any helpful BofA career resources that would be helpful to move from it's wealth management arm to its IB arm?

Thanks guys.

1 Comments
 

Est vel fuga et expedita aut. Saepe beatae debitis consequatur et non illo et. Et hic non distinctio expedita ratione.

Sint qui est quis ea commodi sint. Reiciendis atque eum et non nesciunt consequatur. Harum quis nihil voluptates dolores minima.

Aut velit modi dolores voluptatibus. Culpa omnis voluptate consequatur aut repellat facere pariatur. Saepe molestias architecto asperiores cumque sunt nobis.

Aut id dolor dolores et ratione assumenda sed. Dolore sed ea et eveniet recusandae dolore labore sunt. Est nostrum aut quo minus aut itaque. Nisi dolor in nesciunt velit aut non iusto.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”