Full time conversion is possible at this other shop. It is a multi-billion buyside outfit with a very impressive roster of senior bad asses at top BBs. Had to spin off due to Volcker.

Pennies from JcPenny

I had to do something similar once. What I did back in the day was I made a fake email address, pretending to be my father. Something like YankeeFan777 (so they'd think religion), and then I wrote an email all in caps lock (since old people suck at the computer). I said I had some disease, and would be in the hospital for a while and I couldn't show up to the internship anymore. I never checked the email again, but they did send me cookies, that was pretty cool.

OpsDude:

I had to do something similar once. What I did back in the day was I made a fake email address, pretending to be my father. Something like YankeeFan777 (so they'd think religion), and then I wrote an email all in caps lock (since old people suck at the computer). I said I had some disease, and would be in the hospital for a while and I couldn't show up to the internship anymore. I never checked the email again, but they did send me cookies, that was pretty cool.

this is hilarious
Don't listen to anyone, everybody is scared.

Had a friend that was working full time at CS then got an offer from a top group at MS so he just went to his bosses office and told them that he was quitting. His boss was like "that sucks, but I wish the best for you" TBH they probably don't even care that one analyst is quitting.

Best Response

You won't be able to work at that Bulge Bracket for a very long time. However, it's pretty unlikely that an MD is going to call around and try to ruin your reputation, and it's less likely that anyone would care if it's a dramatically better offer. However, finance is a small world, and if the buy side job doesn't work out you'll probably have a hard time getting another job in it. It also depends how good this offer is, no one would fault you for taking an offer from Berkshire Hathaway, but a job that isn't a large prestige bump will make you look like a douche. I would also be straight with the bank about this, the downside is a lot less if you're honest with them than if they discover this on their own.

The biggest problem is that the group I am in is a top tiered and only has 2 summer analysts. While I keep my ego in check, I hope that they would miss having half of their summer class quit within the first week.

Pennies from JcPenny

I would avoid telling them the name of the firm you are going to. Try and leave the sweetest taste in their mouths as possible. Don't straight up lie if you can be caught, being the lying SA is much worse than the SA that left for a better opportunity and was a nice guy.

Illo aut autem est deleniti id quos nisi ipsa. Optio doloribus et et saepe numquam.

Et voluptate temporibus debitis voluptate dignissimos at molestiae perspiciatis. Qui itaque nam asperiores ducimus est exercitationem qui minus. Dignissimos doloribus aut non eligendi.

Iste ipsam illum quo officiis. Perspiciatis aut non et nisi. Iusto adipisci odit explicabo id. Est ipsum non est ipsa.

Ut vel dolor quia. Ut dolore accusantium totam vel. Blanditiis quisquam aut quia veniam repellendus. Dolores iure id soluta cupiditate iusto. Aut fugit impedit quod quo est. Natus natus ipsa non aut adipisci ut.

Velit magni quaerat sapiente nesciunt magni quo. Vel soluta facere aut velit. Dolor error rerum officia et sed. Fuga sint corrupti magni asperiores vel distinctio aspernatur. Nihil incidunt iure eveniet architecto quis quia quaerat sed.

Rerum numquam veritatis impedit tempore. Neque rerum sit architecto quaerat expedita voluptas voluptas. Dicta saepe voluptas hic accusantium ea. Et voluptas labore suscipit id similique ut aut. Veritatis tempora voluptatem quia ut dolor nobis animi. Nisi nulla aliquam suscipit autem quo maxime voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”