2018 Bonuses (Low-Tier European Bank)

Mid-tier European Bank decreases cash bonuses by 20-30% for analysts since last year. Some second year analysts got paid the equivalent of the stub first year analysts received last year. For reference, one group had a top-bucket bonus of 60K, with mid being 45K and low being ~30K. In other groups, mid was closer to 55K, with top being closer to 70K. Wanted community to be aware of this in case there are some who are interested in joining a large European bank during these troubling times.

Of course, these are all first world problems, and people will accuse me of receiving a low bonus, but actually was towards high range of this spectrum. Happy recruiting everyone, its open season!

I am a vp at one of the "good" firms listed above and I can provide some color from looking at different analysts go to the buy-side:

Enron,Barclays, MS Evercore Citi, GS, JPM,CS Rest Accurate on Barclays and CS- best option for exits, good deal flow etc

Pretty accurate about UBS, DB, TPH, BAML. You could go to few MM PE funds, impossible to go to some MF in NYC so don't even entertain the thought...

On BMO, Wells, and RBC absolutely correct.. the best exit opps from these firms in the last 3 cycles- BMO: Shell corp dev(lateral hire from Raymond), Small cap PE, MM HF, MBA @ Rice (early decision) Wells Fargo: small cap energy PE(family business), Exxon corp fin (lateraled from stifel), MBA at UT RBC: UberEats (even lateraled to intrepid partners first), Training the street instructor, Oracle Sales, Shell marketing, MM credit, GS BO

TPH is pretty decent in the energy space.

I would highly recommend going to Enron......

Ab non et iusto ab est impedit vel totam. Soluta ut consequatur quis consectetur omnis totam qui. Qui eum sit at hic vel animi. Quis repellendus corrupti rerum sit. Molestiae quia inventore et est velit sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”