2019 SA - No Interviews??

suppgamestrong's picture

Hey guys,

I'm a sophomore at a target (HYP) and I'm going through the summer 2019 SA recruiting process. I've applied to a bunch of places, done a few Korus and a Hirevue, but so far haven't gotten any phone interviews/superdays. I know things are a little unclear this recruiting cycle since everything's so accelerated, and I wanted to get WSO's input. I'm feeling a little worried at this point from not having heard anything yet.

Background info: 3.9 econ major, straight Asian male (so no diversity/insight programs for me). I have a boutique IB internship for this coming summer, which I've put on my resume/applications accordingly. I've gone to the on-campus info sessions/networking events and talked to people, and they've mostly responded to my follow-ups. Am I just freaking out very prematurely? Or should I actually be worried? Are a lot of intern classes going to be full going into the summer? Or are most places still conducting OCR in the fall for substantial portions of their classes?

Comments (19)

Apr 22, 2018

The recruiting season just started. Be chill!

Apr 22, 2018

What he said. Also be sure to cast a wide net!

May 7, 2018

Yup, you guys were right. I'm now in the process of interviewing w/ a PE firm and also PJT. I predict if I get interviews for BBs, they'll likely be later in the summer/early fall, since I don't qualify for any of the accelerated programs and I just doubt I'm lucky enough to be one of the non-diversity people who get interviewed this spring.

Apr 22, 2018

Also from a target school. If people in your class have gotten interviews for a specific bank and you haven't, you should be worried. But keep grinding and the interviews will eventually land.

Apr 22, 2018

Fuck, non-target here- I gotta get my shit together. I haven't started networking nor applying at all. Didn't expect recruiting to start THIS early.

Apr 22, 2018

People at my target started networking since freshman year apparently, and it's been paying off. Even I thought networking freshman year was too early, but I guess not.

Apr 23, 2018

lol people at my non-target start in their freshmen fall, and it's been paying off for them. i'm pretty screwed too

May 8, 2018

no nobody is interviewing anybody in their fall of freshmen year. maybe they're networking.

May 9, 2018

You're lucky you go to a target. Try doing this from a non-target.

May 9, 2018

This. Basically puts non targets in a position where it is impossible to even have a shot unless you've been networking since freshman year. I'm probably gonna do an extra semester just to slow everything down and give myself an extra summer to get my shit together, seems like the only option with recruiting happening a year in advance.

May 9, 2018
Comment