2021 Full Time Analyst Recruiting Advice

I'm interning at a well-known MM IB (M&A generalist) this summer, but in a regional office/location (LA/Boston/Chicago) that I don't see myself at long term. I want to move to the SF/NYC offices for this firm internally if possible, but if not, I want to position myself as well as I can to recruit full-time in those cities. I know a lot of things are still up in the air pending the current situation, but from what I've been hearing, the internship is shortened, and going to be completely virtual with a "guaranteed offer" for full-time at the end.
So my question is two-fold- do I even have a chance of breaking into NY/SF given that most banks are going to be giving all interns return offers? and is it too soon to start reaching out to connections I have at banks in those cities/how should I approach networking considering the situation?
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

background info: top20 school, 3.7, board of a finance club, honor societies, im sports

You did not intern there yet but know that you won't like it? Or that you are too good for the shop? Hope you don't get the offer

Most Helpful

Take it a day at a time and wait for the summer gig to conclude. Hopefully you'll make some valuable connections. Hard to say what'll transpire within the job mkt, so stay positive and do your research for FT opps accordingly.

did your MM IB shop already say that you all will get automatic full time offers, or is that just what you are guessing will happen? i am in a similar situation, but my answer/advice to your question depends on that

yeah already confirmed all interns will get FT offer, hope you heard the same

Am I screwed if my internship which was quantitative and research was cancelled bc of COVID-19? I wanted to recruit for banking but I wont be getting great experience this summer. It sucks but I had no control of this situation. I am seeing that people with banking internships this summer want to re-recruit for FT. Not that many interns will get good experience this summer but I dont know if recruiters will consider that.

Libero ea et totam. Laboriosam quia quia harum nihil. Nihil laudantium commodi qui est sit qui alias. Est modi voluptates officiis et. Minus sit harum animi aliquid doloremque.

Omnis voluptatem quos harum in repellat ut dolores. Molestiae et velit repellendus soluta id voluptatem est.

Distinctio voluptate id voluptatem eligendi voluptatem sint nostrum. Dolor id excepturi qui voluptatem est. Aut voluptatibus ut mollitia et voluptatem. Maiores consequatur quas voluptas occaecati. Voluptatibus nulla quis dolores aut commodi magni unde cumque. Atque natus natus et officia sapiente. Cum accusamus illo impedit tempore architecto.

Ratione exercitationem dolores dolor. Iusto fuga iusto aspernatur dolorum commodi. Voluptas minima est ab aut eaque facilis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”