From what I have seen these projects are pretty much just age restricted (55+) apartments with weekly events, continental style breakfast (similar to hotel), and concierge service. The rents some of these properties receive blows my mind. I have seen some of these apartments get 30-40% rent premiums above conventional market rate projects. I can see developers trying to underwrite more of these projects to make numbers work and get crushed on the exit. Anyone familiar with these projects? Does the increase in operating expenses net out the rent premium? Are these projects trading at higher cap rates than conventional multifamily? Any insight would be helpful.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hi guys,
I was hoping someone in the industry could explain to me what kind of maths/stats/CS skillset is required in trading/structuring/quant roles in exotics/hybrids/structured credit, etc vs for instance a role in FX or other highly liquid desks.
I ask this because I have a bsc in...+48 by EuroQuant in TR
- Youtube has had its fair share of scrutiny with a number of videos depicting white supremacy and its removal of videos that audiences didn't find fair to take down. Recently with an interview with CNN, Google's CEO Sundar Pichai has commented that:
[quotes]“We’ve gotten much...+39 by Uhhnisha in OFF
- It's that time of the year again... Intern Season
Graduated from a semi-target. Networked my way into banking and was lucky enough to secure an IB internship my sophomore year. Returned for my junior summer; realized I liked IB but not the firm. Went through the FT IB...+33 by monkeyking722 in IB
- It seems like all my life I have had vices. In high school, it was video games. College, drinking and weed. Now it is caffeine and sports betting. At this point I feel it is inevitable to have a few things that I can't do without, and I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing. All of...+23 by tudorg in OFF
- The other day I read an article from Bloomberg saying that this year a record number of candidates enrolled this June. Idk, but in my eyes when something becomes accessible to so many random people it losses its prestige. Over years I predict having the CFA will just be another tick on the CV...+17 by MrJack5 in OFF
- I see so much hate on here for investment sales and brokerage and would like to hear from someone who actually enjoys it and why+17 by ttlyt_1 in RE
- Hi everyone! I’ve really enjoyed the community here at WSO and the fantastic insights and advice people have shared over the years, so thought I’d give back and share my non-traditional experience.
Target school, liberal arts major. Interned at a BB IBD my junior summer,...+16 by JDS07 in PE
- I am a year out of graduation from a top undergrad B-school (Stern / Haas / McIntire) and working for a T2 Strategy consulting firm (sigh). The work is interesting but the M-TH travel gets old quick. Since starting with the firm one year ago, I've been local maybe 5 weeks out of the 52...+14 by jmn3ye in IB
- The following is a hypothetical scenario and I am curious to know what everyone's response would be:
You created a financial model for a pitchbook being presented tomorrow to a potential new client. While reviewing the final version of the presentation, you realize the results are...+13 by BuildingModelsAndPoppinBottles in IB
- It is the year 2010... a man by the name of Oliver Creed releases his new Eau De Parfum, Creed Aventus... I never knew the turn my life was about to take.
I smelt Aventus the for the first time in January of 2011. It was a Tuesday if I recall, snowy, cold. I stopped into the Creed boutique on...+13 by WearSomethingFabulous in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun19Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/19-6/218:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jun19WSO Boston Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 630-830pm, The Alley Bar6:30 EDT Boston, MA
- Jun19WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica,, CA
- Jun19WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed June 19th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center.7:30 EDT Toronto,
- Jun20WSO SF Meetup: Thur June 20th, 7:30-9pm, The Barrel Room7:00 EDT San Francisco, CA