AMA: Healthcare/Biotech/Pharma Consultant with Biomedical Background
I've seen quite a few posts about the healthcare/biopharma industry and what people think about it or if it's worth exploring as a sector to cover. I figured I would do a quick AMA for anyone interested in exploring the sector further.
- Biomedical degree from a European medical target
- MiM at a UK target
- Worked in pharmaceutical boutique MCs
- Currently at a Tier 2 in the pharma team
Although I'm in MC, a few general points on the industry or nature of the job could apply to those in IB, PE or other fields so ask ahead.
Hi Anonymous Monkey, upload your resume and land a job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Burner account for venting purposes. I'm tired.
I'm tired of working at a bank that never wins M&A. I bet they don't feel this way at Lazard.
I'm tired of the umpteen thousandth pitch where footnotes and alignments are scrutinized when you, me, the guy next door,...+70 by tiredandangry in IB
- Starting my rant....
I just got asked about career planning for the move from IBD to PE, yet again.
I've a lot of sympathy for my fellow WSOers, really I do.
But I've got to tell you stop obsessing about windows to jump to the buyside.
Everyone always has some...+55 by earthwalker7 in PE
- Working 55-60 hour weeks every week of the year has made me forget what it feels like having a 9-5 job. So those who do, what does it feel like?+51 by Pizz in OFF
- Mario - Rational asset allocator, owns a good mix of low-cost index funds and ETFS
Luigi - Incapable of second level thinking, investment theses are that he "believes in it", writes disingenuous Seeking Alpha articles, has sold out at the bottom of every correction since the .com...+32 by Basketfoot in OFF
- I'm wondering when you decided to have kids and how it affected your career. Was there a point at which you felt ready to have a family? Did some of you start off wanting children and then decide not to, or vice versa? I know that family life is traded off with a career in finance in the...+25 by paradeit in OFF
- Hello all. Long time lurker here who recently "made it" by winning a summer offer for 2019 at a top independent advisory shop (think EVR/CVP/PWP). I want to reflect on my experience recruiting and hopefully help out some prospective monkeys in the process.
My background- I currently...+23 by NonTarget Scrub in IB
- Theres no statistical evidence for this but, why is real estate second to most other financial services jobs? Most people in business school are primarily looking for IB, consulting, AM or corporate roles. And even on employment reports of many top b-schools, real estate is rarely even listed,...+22 by Bankerstreet in RE
- I guess there are two sides to these kinds of stories: the geniuses that used their intelligence to achieve big things in their careers/lives and the ones that didn't.
The terms "genius" and "prodigy" are used pretty loosely these days so I guess the answers to this...+22 by ColdCaller in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Oct17Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 10/17-10/198:00 to 5:00 EDT Online