Can I still Get a SA 2022 opportunity?

I’m a sophomore at Rutgers who’s late to the game. I was originally interested in a corporate finance job but I decided I want to do IB. I did my research and all and am serious about it.
I was able to get an internship for this summer in PE last minute.

I know recruiting has started already and wanted to know if I am too late? If I begin to network hard this upcoming Monday, start studying my guides. Do I have a shot for summer 2022? I noticed many applications haven’t opened yet for stifel, cantor Fitzgerald, and other smaller places.

Thanks

Literally no BBs (other than Citi) have started their non core process other than diversity. You have a very good chance to get anything if you put in the effort, don't sell yourself short

[Comment removed by mod team]

Silly question but most of the people on this forum aim for PE - you landed an internship this summer. Doesn’t it make sense to continue going for these internships and land in PE potentially as a full time? 

I would definitely not go so far as to say the majority of this forum is gunning for FT PE offers

I’m not implying that people on this forum are gunning for FT PE offers “right now,” But they are definitely gunning for it long-term. That’s what I’m alluding to. Your new name is Angel Hair.

Most Helpful

I'm guessing the PE internship is at a search fund? I see freshmen target that or boutique IB as a first internship all the time.

Try going for Mizuho. Very supportive MD there, but they only get prospects in the middle to bottom % since the better kids have recruited into BB/EB/MM. I believe their OCR applications closed a while back -- first rounds were 1-2 weeks ago and I think super days are happening/have happened? I hope you applied and are in the process since, in my opinion, it's your best shot from right now.

If not, as a nontarget that's behind on technical prep I'd say aim for the BB/MM/boutiques right now. EBs started and have highly technical interviews so unless you catch up quickly you'll get dinged easily anyway. BBs start in a bit so you have time to prepare for them. MM/boutiques are more likely to take an RU student so put your eggs in that basket I guess?

Hey, thanks for sharing! I had an interview with mizuho on the 21st but got dinged. I appreciate the advice!

Definitely not too late but you need a finance internship for this summer, otherwise out of the question. Hit up some local WMA firms, even some name banks are still hiring for generic advisory summer roles.

Magni quis sit amet illo at. Voluptas officia excepturi consectetur odit. Corrupti consequatur sit rerum vero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”