Just wondering if I could pull on the vast experience within WSO and ask what the transition was like, that is if anyone has done it, into credit related hedge funds from a credit analyst at a mid-sized financial institution. I am a dual citizen working in Canada as a credit analyst for a credit union where credit unions have allot more sway and compete relentlessly with the banks. I have two friends who are credit analysts at RBC and TD who do exactly the same thing as me, just to clear the air on the usual perception of credit union work. How did you land the job? Were you recruited or networked? Did you find the deal length/depth to increase at the fund? I am absolutely fascinated by mezz financing and have my sights set there. Finding these damn funds are proving to be just as difficult as anything else. Thanks a ton for any feedback.
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hello everyone, I am sharing this because Andy and Patrick said it may be useful for some younger users. I legitimately believe that WSO helped me get my career started.
About me: I grew up in the roughest part of town nearby a big city (think Ferguson Missouri, Flatbush Brooklyn,...+145 by johndoe2019 in IB
- Hi Everyone,
I’ve lurked on this site for a long time and it’s been extremely helpful at different points in my career. I’m interested in giving back via an AMA thread as I’ve seen others do over the years.
- Graduated from one of the top liberal arts schools
-...+52 by Classica in PE
- Hello All,
Is the second housing Armageddon coming in 2019/2020? If you think this, why?
Article from the Jesse Colombo at Forbes - Housing Bubble 2.0: America’s Housing Market Is Up 49% Since 2012
[quote] Since the dark days of the Great Recession in 2009, America has experienced one...+31 by isa2130953 in MKT
- Hi guys:
For companies with large pension obligations, is it possible to get rid of them during LBO through some kind of structure, or would that only happen during bankruptcy? Thanks!+31 by chips_ahoy in PE
- Have a long night ahead and could use a distraction every hour or so
What is your hardest take... on anything. I'm talking hardest take possible. Fire away+28 by anonmises in OFF
- After a bender of a boys trip to Miami, I'm sitting at my desk hungover, tired, and with a huge case of the Mondays. Don't really feel like doing any work today so been planning my Europe trip for this summer. And it got me day dreaming and thinking about some hypotheticals:...+26 by thexfactor336 in OFF
- Trying to get a feel of the BB IB associate (post-MBA) hours. I realized my American alumni generally tend to overstate the working hours of around 90-120 (*this is just my observation from >10 alumni I spoke to, and is not representative of everyone). Asia alumni I connected with who are are...+25 by anotherm7 in IB
- I’m working on a mammoth multi-part Google post and WeWork ties in nicely with the overall theme.
*(To be clear, I have no opinion on WeWork as an investment - and I have zero knowledge of real estate - but I saw [this...+23 by CuriousCharacter in RE
- Notre Dame is in flames and it is a very sad thing to see...
How much do these unbelievable and tragic events remind us that our status quo can be shaken up easily? Is any method of pricing risk correct enough? Are we only pretending that we know what we are doing? How fat are the tails of...+21 by indigopixie in OFF
- I believe this has been done here before, but I'm a recently resigned Strategy& employee creating this AMA. I recently posted the below review on Glassdoor which sums up my thoughts, but happy to take questions.
Great potential, tragically horrible execution
1. If...+15 by LamarExConsultant in CO
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr23Podcast: A technical approach to investing in business and yourself -- Leo Polovets -- 4/2312:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr26WSO SG Meetup: Fri April 26th, 7-9pm, 1864 - The Bar7:00 EDT Singapore
- Apr29Excel Visual Basic (VBA) Boot Camp -- San Francisco, 4/29-4/308:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Apr30Podcast: Starting a fintech business from scratch -- Paul Kesserwani -- 4/3012:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May01Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/1-5/38:00 to 5:00 EDT Online