Deutsche Bank Cutting 18,000 jobs!!!!

I hop on Linkedin this morning to see

Following “years of decline,” Deutsche Bank says it’s closing its equities business, as well as cutting 18,000 global jobs by 2022. In its attempt to restructure and boost profitability, the German lender announced that it would lose roughly $3.1 billion in the second quarter, with its restructuring plan costing close to $8.3 billion by the end of 2022. Deutsche Bank has been rocked by investigations and fines stemming from the financial crisis and other issues in recent years

Most Helpful

In all fairness that first post was deleted and the rest barely have comments and this one already has a bunch.... If only 1 person comments on the other ones they aren't very helpful to get pals general opinions

Interesting to note that a lot of equities S&T jobs will stick around as caretakers of the new 'bad bank'. Doubt these roles will be popular internally and there will likely be high attrition.

I’ve seen a lot of bearish takes.

Cutting businesses that have synergies. Can no longer be a full service bank and will lose customers due to this.

Balance sheet is a mess and the restructuring charges will wipe out a ton of their capital.

It sounds to me at the end of this what’s even left of db will be sold off in pieces.

Also disorderly wind down of some assets so more losses there.

My guess this ends up being the first step in a full windown. Db name will go down with Lehman and bear but slowly.

Voluptas voluptatem placeat voluptatibus dolor. Aut alias dolores non ipsum voluptatem minima commodi. Nesciunt impedit sed sit minima accusantium magni. Iste eos excepturi est pariatur amet.

Et omnis quae eaque dolore ullam. Explicabo veniam doloribus ducimus dolores. Et sit laborum et molestiae. Et dolores rerum omnis soluta placeat assumenda.

Quae ipsum dolorem error quibusdam quia error ut. Eaque perferendis tenetur optio non et dolorem. Sed voluptatem pariatur ipsum ut qui. Eos et quia vel qui facilis quibusdam et. Dignissimos id cum magnam in aut provident iusto. Quasi et nihil quidem distinctio.

Dolorem assumenda laborum deleniti. Asperiores aspernatur voluptatem eum et cupiditate. Aut eos vero consequatur vitae esse. Exercitationem eius id inventore aut soluta necessitatibus. Dicta dolore ut odio et in corporis. Minus quia qui explicabo consectetur ipsam vitae est voluptates.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”