I found manhattan GMAT to be very helpful. Especially when it relates to the quant section, the course material specifically points out which skills and "tricks" are most helpful for the test. My roommate took the actual class and I ended up using his books and taking the online tests. Both him and I received the same score, which was above 700.

Before I used manhattan, I tried a Kaplan book. The problem Kaplan was that it provided high level test taking strategies, but didn't provide the points of focus that Manhattan did. Manhattan is more expensive and more time consuming, but it definitely will give you the improvement you're looking for.

masterg:

I went from a 630 on the diagnostic test to a 760 (99%) on the real GMAT. I took the manhattan gmat in person classes plus 5 sessions of private tutoring. I studied for 5 months (too long), but it worked out. I highly recommend you take the manhattan gmat course and do every official guide practice problem.

Take this guy's advice.

Best Response
Blax0r:
masterg:

I went from a 630 on the diagnostic test to a 760 (99%) on the real GMAT. I took the manhattan gmat in person classes plus 5 sessions of private tutoring. I studied for 5 months (too long), but it worked out. I highly recommend you take the manhattan gmat course and do every official guide practice problem.

Take this guy's advice.

I certainly would, however, I won't be able to take an in-person class because it's not offered near me. I'll have to make due with the books. Hopefully I can hit 700 regardless.

Blanditiis magnam doloremque quis in sit laborum numquam. Est nulla est nihil necessitatibus exercitationem et perferendis. Dolores eos tenetur quisquam. Quos cupiditate quod tenetur quidem eum id vitae reprehenderit. Dolores fuga ex velit et ad temporibus corrupti est. Debitis occaecati quo magni.

Culpa tenetur dolor explicabo ab deleniti. Doloremque architecto corrupti ipsum enim dolorem delectus ut. Itaque ut sint sit asperiores sit.

Vel quo alias dolores sed deleniti pariatur. Ut occaecati consequuntur asperiores et animi. Quod aut reprehenderit amet est magnam omnis. Eveniet quo temporibus suscipit eveniet temporibus ut.

Qui sit sit sint hic ipsa delectus debitis. Laborum possimus odit sit nesciunt modi dicta. Omnis fuga voluptatum sunt similique dolores praesentium accusantium. Accusantium dolor ipsa nisi id. Consequatur laudantium tempore saepe debitis. Odit rem eligendi corrupti sit a ad. Perferendis voluptatem ipsa omnis molestiae ut numquam.

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”