Director and Sr Director Comp at Fortune 100?

Can anyone give a rough estimate as to what Director and Senior Director compensation looks like in Corp Dev/Strat if you're working at F100 Company? Is 500-600k possible or is it generally lower?

Thanks

wallstreetpop98, have you checked out these or run a search:

• MM Mezz Fund Internship Hi guys, Do you think it is feasible over 6 months to be brought up to a competent Associate / Snr ... Analyst at a 4/5 person Mezz fund, with limited debt experience? I have an offer and need to consider ... junior in the team for the first two months (with 3 directors) Many Thanks! mezzanine fund debt credit ...
  • More suggestions...

No promises, but thought I'd mention a few relevant users that work in the industry: @dan_yo23" TunkyTime alexpasch

Fingers crossed that one of those helps you.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

These figures are for Finance, so Corp Dev/Strat may be similar or a bit higher depending on the company:

1) Director: most junior Directors are typically in the $160-$180K base range, 25%-30% bonus. We're not public so no RSUs, but in lieu of stock, most Directors+ have an extra bonus on top of standard yearly bonus that's calc'd based on average of past 3 years bonus. Meaning, it kicks in after 3 years at this level. More seasoned Directors are in the $200-240K base range, but can vary a decent amount.

2) Sr Director: $250K-$300K+ base, bonus can vary but in the 30-50% range. There's a lot of variability here based on a lot of factors, including performance, time with company, exec potential, negotiation, etc. Also additional incentive comp per above. At this point, you're essentially a VP but without the formal title. $500K+ is certainly possible in a good year if bonus payout is over 100%.

The VPs are mid-to-high $300's or low $400's for the upper VPs. 50% bonus + incentive comp. Easily clear $500K in a decent year. A Finance VP can be a "VP" in a large business unit or global, or CFO in a medium size business unit.

Note that in my company, not all Directors (or any title for that matter) are compensated the same, it also depends on the size of the business unit, the role, number of direct reports, etc.

T1/T2 COL city (not sf, nyc). I wouldn't get too hung up on industry - I've worked across a few different industries now and can tell you that I didn't see a material difference in comp. The pay bands at the mid-levels are massive, so it really depends on the company, your experience, the role, and how much they need you vs what you ask for. For reference, all companies have been large and well-known and in Consumer/Retail & Financial Services.

Our directors are generally about $350k-$450k after bonus. Directors get a bonus that is 30% and get additional stock options that can be exercised after 3 years. VPs are $600k-800k, and SR. VPs are around $1MM. I work at company ranked 100-115 in the F500...

Fuga aut hic qui asperiores laborum. Cupiditate repudiandae voluptas vitae et.

Suscipit voluptate rerum rerum. Ex dolor omnis qui quod voluptatem laborum blanditiis. Et quo sapiente eligendi numquam. Suscipit non corporis quos doloremque occaecati dolorem ut.

Nobis itaque quia magni et. Dolor quidem porro deserunt corporis cum. Omnis voluptatem dignissimos voluptatem rerum asperiores facere. Aut et et dicta facilis expedita aut.

Blanditiis accusamus consectetur similique natus. Voluptatem id est consequatur incidunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”