I'm very interested in hearing from some current or former bankers in a capital markets role (either ECM or DCM) regarding their experience and day to day life.
- What does your typical day look like (e.g. hours, responsibilities, etc.)?
- Do you find that you're highly stressed in your position?
- Is it relatively easy to advance?
- Do you see yourself becoming a career banker in this role? If not, where do you plan to move and why?
- What skillset do you need to be successful as a junior? Senior?
- How easy would it be to lateral from a coverage group to a capital markets team?
Sharing color on any of these questions would be super helpful.
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.