Hi. I'm currently a senior in high school, and I was accepted to Georgetown University (McDonough) as well as UVA. Which university would give me the easiest time/best chance and resources (interview practice/networking capability/OCR) for getting into BB/EB IB? I've been researching both these schools for a while now on and outside of WSO, and it seems that half of people say Georgetown is better for placement and the other half say UVA. One thing that worries me about UVA is that I have to get into McIntire, which I've also heard conflicting reports that it's easy to get into from some and extremely competitive from others. Whichever university I go to I plan to get good grades and join clubs/get involved. I was also accepted to Boston University, Boston College, UMass Amherst (I live in MA) and waitlisted at Columbia. As for those, BU gave me essentially no money, and from research UMass is a non target and BC is a semi-target. Since BC, UVA, and Gtown cost around the same though for me, I figured either UVA or Gtown would give me the best chances. I signed up for Columbia's waitlist but I need a solid decision to commit to first. Thanks for reading.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- What are some of the best resources for starting to raise capital as an emerging RE developer?
Often times people start with friends and family in country club deals but I was wondering what institutions back smaller deals for small RE developers (if any at all). +53 by Venturepapi in RE
- I already have 3 patagucci vests (1 monogrammed, 2 vanilla) with my 1987 thinkpad coming in the mail, my JUUL is custom engraved with "SHORT VIX", and I have "Incoming Interviewer for Goldman Sachs Risk Management Division in New Jersey" on my LinkedIn Premium profile. What...+52 by CertifiedHardo in OFF
- It can be straight out of undergrad or right after business school. Why was it such a good job and what was the pay?+23 by 2733278823 in OFF
- Hi All, My background:
I am a senior Analyst in the Investment Banking Division of one of the international banks. Entered the field after receiving a return offer from my Junior year summer internship.
Ask me anything
This thread would be most applicable for College Juniors / Seniors...+22 by cricket008 in IB
- Are there any potential exit opps from an IB analyst to a role in the sports world? Always been fascinated by the management/ business side of the sports industry. Is this possible, and are there any recent precedents of this happening? Would appreciate any info on this subject. +12 by FIGNewtons in IB
- Posted about this before and how ridiculous some of the dialogue has gotten and read this review of the episode and wanted to get some thoughts. Copy and pasting from review. I personally agree with Samantha Mathis as her and the investor relations girl at Taylor's company are the most...+11 by Paddy’s Pub in OFF
- I went to college & made an iPhone app when I was 16 years old. I do beauty pageants for fun & quote Confucius unironically. Do I have your attention now? I hope you’re still with me (:
I was mindlessly ambitious in high school- I played JV basketball, took all the APs, & joined...+9 by Anonymous Monkey in OFF
- how to be alpha?
what are your tips, your stories, your thoughts..................
how to be alpha?+9 by famejranc in OFF
- Seems like street for MM Associate 1 is 110-125k with 100% target (i.e. 220-250k all-in) for $500-3bn funds. Haven't seen much talk about what the standard raise is for the 2nd year, and then what the Senior Associate offers look like for the third year.+9 by twentyone in PE
- A leading upper mid-market PE firm emailed me this: "It’s rare that we recruit for a VP role. We typically hire at the Associate or Senior Associate role and promote."
This seems fairly typical, although it's rarely expressly said. Why is it so hard to lateral as a VP?+9 by Kickball123 in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May14FP&A Technical Mastery – Chicago, 5/14-5/168:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- May15Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/15-5/178:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May15WSO Boston Meet Up: Wed 5/15, 630-830pm, The Alley Bar6:30 EDT Boston
- May15WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 5/15, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT LA, CA