Managed to get a part-time ER internship at a BB from a non target in the area. They don't really hire fulltimers from the fall/spring internship (mostly from summer). Originally I was minoring in comp sci to push out my grad date so I wouldn't graduate without experience/I still sorta wanted to code. Now that I've done this I LOVE finance and want to stick to banking. Dropping the minor ill be able to graduate this summer. As much as I'd like to stay I don't think they'll be able to as they aren't many spots and they need them for summer. I really don't want to go down, would prefer to move up IB if possible(actually like the long hours wouldn't mind more if im gonna do it for a few years anyway). GPA is in the low 3s ( was mid but got hit by some hard classes last summer and last semester, still taking 18 credits + 6 in the summer to hopefully make it up) but im a great interviewer and very sociable/outgoing. I see that Goldman has posted that they'll start in July. Any idea when other BB's might start looking?
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you have followed my other postings then you already know that I am a VP at BB in a back office role. While I am not in HR, I do some OCR events and other on-boarding activities (interviews, resume screening, superdays, etc) for both my team and other teams within my org's back office...+41 by GoingToBeAnMD in IB
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+28 by Disjoint in JOB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+13 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+10 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- More specifically if possible, which neighborhood and asset type? Value add, development or stabilized play?
Wonder what everyone’s investment thesis is regarding the environment we are in today.
You are the President of your own shop and get to call the shots. What city are you buying in?+10 by yayaa in RE
- Wanted to start a thread compiling a list of finance vocabulary, formal or informal. Words can be as "basic" as *EBITDA* or as "fancy" as *capital extraction*. The more pretentious the better. After all, capital expenditures aka capex essentially means to fix shit up or to...+9 by Armhoo1 in PE
- How about we include biopics as well.
Watching the theranos documentary right now and it's awesome (guy with the messed up eye seems kinda baller). What are some other business documentaries to check out?+7 by famejranc in OFF
- We get all caught up in the hustle and bustle, what are some of the peers you knew in your teenage years doing now?
Do you still keep in touch with them? Would you say they're generally happy with their career choice/lifestyle decisions?
And how about you? Would you say you turned...+7 by LeoSteel77 in OFF
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+7 by NovemberRain in JOB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 4/10-4/128:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City, NY