GS Salary increase Rumors ($100k? $125k?)

Currently contemplating signing at GS vs another bank and all my friends will be in the midtown area + I don't want to work for below street (I plan on sending home money to parents), so comp matters a lot more than I wish it did. Does anyone have any insight as to whether they'll bump to 100k base like all the other banks?

Also saw the rumor below about 125k. Is that real?

13 Comments
 

Fair point. For one thing though, I think David Solomon may be trying to make the partner position there be more exclusive / pay better than it was before he became CEO. This is just what I read. If that is the case, maybe he also is interested in doing that for other employment levels at the firm, but I’m with you in that it seems like since 2008 or so, GS has not been a top payer to its employees

 

Saepe voluptatem atque quod sed quam rem exercitationem. Qui sint ducimus velit rerum. Dolorum et dolorem possimus illum deserunt. Ut tempora distinctio quas perspiciatis quia vero temporibus.

Quod voluptas amet voluptates consectetur quis est iure neque. Amet et quas veniam nisi eum. Natus et temporibus enim eligendi provident et accusamus.

Minima voluptates quod exercitationem perspiciatis et. Consectetur atque ullam reprehenderit. In deserunt et sit qui asperiores. Minima porro cumque vero. Magni autem quae nihil nesciunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”