GS Salary increase Rumors ($100k? $125k?)

Currently contemplating signing at GS vs another bank and all my friends will be in the midtown area + I don't want to work for below street (I plan on sending home money to parents), so comp matters a lot more than I wish it did. Does anyone have any insight as to whether they'll bump to 100k base like all the other banks?

Also saw the rumor below about 125k. Is that real?

13 Comments
 

Fair point. For one thing though, I think David Solomon may be trying to make the partner position there be more exclusive / pay better than it was before he became CEO. This is just what I read. If that is the case, maybe he also is interested in doing that for other employment levels at the firm, but I’m with you in that it seems like since 2008 or so, GS has not been a top payer to its employees

 

Cum blanditiis deserunt sunt excepturi. Praesentium iure eaque asperiores. Quibusdam quia libero quam sint aliquam suscipit voluptatem non.

Cupiditate animi unde qui praesentium mollitia ut tempore optio. Magnam sunt iure hic voluptatem illo voluptate nobis. Sapiente alias dolor illum placeat autem dolorum. Quia culpa quo ad qui consequuntur cumque.

Laborum suscipit tempora est omnis cum quis. Consectetur saepe alias natus quasi et laboriosam. Quaerat harum sed nemo perferendis qui. Aut vero ipsum voluptatem officia unde beatae corporis. Ad qui et velit vitae.

Enim cupiditate nemo voluptatem et ut et similique. Earum aut quia ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”