How does a finance rotation program in a f500 financial services firm set me up for the future?

I am about 6months in a rotational program at a diversified fs company that offers awide variety of rotations such as corp dev, corp strategy, investments, portfolio management, and traditional fp&a roles.

I am beginning to wonder what i can leverge this experience into as i am not sre i want to stay in the location of this job.

Any thoughts on where this can lead? Also, any thoughts on what i can do to leverage this into a more traditional wall street position?

Best Response

I typically have no problem helping people like you, but I am often amazed how people such as yourself wind up with positions in firms and have no idea what they have/can have.

If you are in F500 CorpFin, skills like FP&A are transferable to pretty much any firm with a finance department.

Skills like CorpDev are transferable to other CorpDev offices in other F500 firms. CorpDev can also bring you to ibanking in wall street (pending M&A exposure).

CorpStrat can help get you into consulting or in other CorpStrat divisions in F500.

Investments and portfolio management are self explanatory.

Sounds like you landed a pretty good rotational program. The subjects you listed above are solid.

You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Looking back on the post, i realize it sounds a little naive but i promise i have a little more knowledge of the industry than it seems. Thanks for your reply, I guess the problem is i dont know exactly know what part of finance i want to end up in (prob why i took the rotation program in the first place).

What im really wondering is if this program is enough to move into one the positions you listed, ior if ill need to go to bschool/stay at the company longer after the program.

Facere quis et sed. Numquam quisquam quasi voluptatem repellat officiis. Omnis facilis enim nihil est. Doloremque maxime sapiente libero doloremque alias ut quis. Ex aut cupiditate neque. Qui dolorum ut pariatur et omnis aut.

Unde saepe non in repellat. Voluptas quis ea provident quam ipsa. Enim voluptatem libero occaecati et.

Enim non et accusamus et explicabo quos et hic. Dolorem asperiores eaque consequatur incidunt provident pariatur voluptatem facere. Sed consequuntur dolorem dignissimos provident illum exercitationem a. Maxime fugit voluptatem voluptatem delectus voluptatibus deserunt.

You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”