I work for a private residential homebuilder and developer and as we analyze potential deals we consider several avenues for development and construction, as well as financing. I am in the process of creating a multiple scenario proforma for feasibiity analysis and needed the industry average for developer fee, general contractor fee and developer acting as GC fee (the general consensus on the latter seems to be that in lieu of a normal GC fee, 1% is tacked on to the developer fee when the developer is also GC). I also wanted to confirm that the developer fee is typically on all land development AND construction costs and GC is just construction (this would really be more a question when we are receiving HUD financing and lines are a bit blurred between GC and Developer by overlapping supervision).
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+46 by Disjoint in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+17 by monkeyking722 in IB
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+14 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+14 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+11 by CRE in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Given the post about best master in EU to land a job in IB, I thought could be interesting to share which master I think could help you get a job in S&T/Quant, based previous research, personal experience and advices of friends in trading/quant positions.
In S&T and Quant the concept...+8 by BrianHunter in BSCH
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+8 by NovemberRain in JOB
I haven't posted much on here, but I've been a lurker for some time and have been helped out by many of your posts. I now hope to return the favor and give some insight into the private bank/wealth management world with this AMA.
I went to a target...+8 by MileHighMonkey in AM
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 4 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+7 by bulge4lyf in HF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 4/10-4/128:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City, NY
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online