Hey all, someone I know recently got sacked after his boss found out he was interviewing. According to him, his interviewer somehow met up with his boss and the interviewer let slip that my friend was interviewing.
Now I am a little paranoid.
Was wondering how I can obscure my identity when carrying out my search. Here are some that I have thought of. Please tell me if this would fly with HR.
- Shorten the name of the company. For example, instead of Berkley Fusion Associates, I would call it BFA Limited?
- Give myself a different name. Pretty much like how Michael Sorrentino is also known as The Situation. If quizzed as to why the name is different, I would just say that is the name my friends know me by.
Any other ideas to suggest?
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.