Need help $500 for modeling test

Hello, need some help with an underwriting model willing to pay $500 and an additional $500 if I get the job. Might be multifamily or industrial. 

Real Estate Modeling Course

• Real-life RE Modeling Tests from actual Interviews
  • Various asset classes including multi-family, commercial and more
  • Huge discount - until more tests and cases added

Comments (29)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Aug 26, 2021 - 6:06pm

Rule #1 of take home modelling tests, check if author and last modified tie. Rule #2, make sure the next round involves the candidate walking you through the model. We use take home and find it's a great way to differentiate candidates, those who do the bare minimum vs. those who send back a full blown model and a deck to summarise findings.

• Associate 2 in RE - Comm
Aug 12, 2021 - 4:39pm

Please film yourself when they have you walk through the model. WSO could use more comedy.

Aug 13, 2021 - 2:49pm

This may be a long shot but I might've just taken this same test. PM me and I may be able to send you the test if it's same firm. will help you figure out exactly what you need the modeler to do for you lmfaooo 

Most Helpful
Aug 17, 2021 - 4:08pm

Update in case anyone else got scummed by this kid. He reached out to me begging for help. Didn't see initial msg last week so told him I'd do it Sunday. No response back until last night. Begs for help again, told him sure and got to work on it at around 7 after my actual job. He msg me saying it's due by 9est. I told him i prob won't finish it by then. He switches up and says it's actually 9cst. Send it to him 15min before then. Simple office acq model w brief answers to the prompts. Radio silence. Now today he's saying the model "was trash" and he used his own (for context I literally freelance model on the side for 2 diff developers in addition to my development job, but ok bud).

Long story short he pulled a fast one on me and won't be paying. Funniest part is he's thick enough to send the case study from his personal email, so I have his name. Imagine he gets the job and someone happens to let his future employer know what went down.. boy that'd be a real shame..

• Analyst 2 in RE - Comm
Aug 17, 2021 - 6:15pm

Just chiming in here, he was legit. Modeled it and did a quick review, sent the $500. 

Aug 26, 2021 - 3:28pm

Numquam a ea quasi. Sed maxime sapiente esse sit voluptate quia. Nisi incidunt magnam unde est. Dignissimos quidem ab illo vitae voluptatem assumenda. Commodi ad quod accusantium nostrum veritatis molestiae dolorum.

Cumque qui saepe voluptates ut ducimus. Odit dicta possimus libero. Maxime accusantium maiores nam mollitia. Modi cupiditate tempore quia molestias rerum. Illo error ut vitae facilis perspiciatis est dignissimos repellat.

Aug 26, 2021 - 5:36pm

Fugit et quia consequatur fugiat labore. Ducimus adipisci voluptas harum in molestias. Omnis eos maxime harum quam eos accusamus provident. Ut minima quibusdam eum quia. Ullam officiis a non dolorem minus eaque perspiciatis. Eos qui blanditiis labore unde beatae. Voluptatem consequatur id iure dolorum ut et quam.

Magnam minima voluptas eaque in ut enim eveniet et. Eius enim aspernatur quam quo.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (234) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (512) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (392) $83