Hi, I have a tentative offer from a biotech ER group in a small boutique firm and was told that my total compensation would be between 80-90K as an entry level associate. Also, the MD of the group hiring me said something about there being upside from the companies they cover. This is my first finance job and I wasn't sure what to expect so didn't go deeper into the details. I was wondering if folks here who work in this area can tell me what should one expect at an entry level? Also, does the total compensation vary year to year change based on the teams performance? Any insight is appreciated.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+46 by Disjoint in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+18 by monkeyking722 in IB
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+15 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+14 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+12 by CRE in OFF
- Given the post about best master in EU to land a job in IB, I thought could be interesting to share which master I think could help you get a job in S&T/Quant, based previous research, personal experience and advices of friends in trading/quant positions.
In S&T and Quant the concept...+11 by BrianHunter in BSCH
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
I haven't posted much on here, but I've been a lurker for some time and have been helped out by many of your posts. I now hope to return the favor and give some insight into the private bank/wealth management world with this AMA.
I went to a target...+10 by MileHighMonkey in AM
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+8 by takenotes08 in PE
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 4 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+8 by bulge4lyf in HF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online