SF Housing FT 2015 Analyst Class

Hi guys,

I'll be moving to San Francisco in late-July/early-August for a full-time analyst role and am interested in hearing the opinions of current/former analysts on where to look for housing. I know there are some threads already on subletting for the summer, however, I'm looking for a minimum 1 yr lease. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

P.S. also interested in finding a roommate(s) to split a place if possible. PM me if interested.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (5)

Mar 20, 2015 - 8:23am

What's your price range? I'm from the Bay Area, so I might be able to give you some ideas.

"There's nothing you can do if you're too scared to try." - Nickel Creek
Mar 21, 2015 - 1:28pm

Don't bring a car to SF. Parking anywhere near downtown is insane and expensive. As far as neighborhoods near downtown: Russian Hill, SoMa, and North Beach are the nicest, and you could definitely find a sublet for less than $1800. Studios would run you much more than that though. If you're looking for a studio, Lower Nob Hill/the Tenderloin/Civic Center has plenty under $1800, but it's also one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city.

"There's nothing you can do if you're too scared to try." - Nickel Creek
Mar 20, 2015 - 12:07pm

I'll also be moving to SF for FT in the same date range and am also interested in any input and advice. I'm hoping to find a 4BR place to share with 3 college friends (non-finance) with a rough price range of ~1500-1800 per person.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (194) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (402) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (327) $82