Should I put my SAT score of 2110 on my resume for internships?

I don't know if it's high enough for me to put it on. As people applying to this will be very strong candidates, I feel like I would be on the lower end. The breakdown is Reading 650, Writing 660, Math 800 but I'm just going to put Math 800 in brackets. I have 800 in SAT Math II too. Should I only put the SAT II score?

I have low GPA so I'm omitting it on my resume.

Thanks

I think it depends where you are applying. If you want a quant/trading position, then the 800s in the SAT I and II will look pretty nice. However I'm not so sure about IB recruiting cuz they're not looking for math league types

And if you leave out your GPA and put in SAT scores, they will notice the intentional omission and may actually ask during interviews. Just be prepared to answer, and you should be fine

Dank Nugs:
I put my score (1490) on my resume because I went to a semi-target and thought it might alleviate any high IQ concerns.

Getting a good score on the SATs has nothing to do with IQ. Its just a matter of who's parents can afford to buy them all the books and send them to the SAT prep courses. Getting a high SAT means nothing when it comes to IQ, it just shows that you can memorize a formula or question type and spit back on answer.

"The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets." -John D. Rockefeller

carlfox:
Dank Nugs:
I put my score (1490) on my resume because I went to a semi-target and thought it might alleviate any high IQ concerns.

Getting a good score on the SATs has nothing to do with IQ. Its just a matter of who's parents can afford to buy them all the books and send them to the SAT prep courses. Getting a high SAT means nothing when it comes to IQ, it just shows that you can memorize a formula or question type and spit back on answer.

lol

I throw on my ACT (~2250 SAT equivalent) and SAT II Math scores (800 also). It can't hurt and your scores, while not absolutely stellar, are fine (although if you are super anal you could retake). I would just put your score and then after it list your SAT II math score, that's what I did (no need to break it down by section)

Carlfox (that is a great point). But OP, I would put it on. Even as I'm graduating, some stupid employers insist on SAT or ACT scores being in my resume. And personally having taken the SAT only once, I think anything over 2000 is pretty damn good.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

yeah I threw in my SAT I (2310) and SAT II( math and others in which i got 750-800) and I do think it made a difference on first impression. They just looked at my resume and said I am smart without even questioning anything.

Best Response
carlfox:
Dank Nugs:

Stupidest thing I ever read. SAT is a logic test, not a memorization test. Your GPA in college is more indicative of your rote memorization skills than the SAT.

I never took a single class or even prepared at all and I scored extremely well.

The SAT is most definitely not a logic test. I took it once, did okay, then studied the book and took it again, scored 250 points higher. I think that's definitely significant. I think it depends heavily on the quality of your high school classes, combined with your talent.

carlfox:
Dank Nugs:

Bet you nailed the SAT but felt guilty cause your parents bought you all the prep books. That's definitely it. Not that you didn't do well on the test.

carlfox:
Dank Nugs:

lol. obviously, this is one way to do well on it; no test is unbeatable if you grind it out. the other way is to actually be smart. is someone salty they had to do it the first way?

Velit ut sint dolore hic fuga id. Porro omnis et autem numquam. Maxime omnis rerum est consectetur mollitia repellendus explicabo.

Eius nam ut sit et aut. Ut ab corrupti et corporis non sed. Dolorem expedita earum incidunt praesentium consequatur aut eligendi. Magni non illum quis molestias commodi nihil. Itaque sit corporis et qui molestias perspiciatis. Beatae odio omnis omnis quos laudantium. Sit quo rerum nostrum illo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”