Oreos:
Com'on guys, you're killing me here! The new header bar (or whatever it's called) change...ok it makes it look less suspect while on WSO at work but I'm getting nightmares already.

like Excel 2007? really? ouch. You don't like our new tracker page? http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/tracker

or you just don't like the new blocks?

WallStreetOasis.com:
Oreos:
Com'on guys, you're killing me here! The new header bar (or whatever it's called) change...ok it makes it look less suspect while on WSO at work but I'm getting nightmares already.

like Excel 2007? really? ouch. You don't like our new tracker page? http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/tracker

Narr, it's good, I was just joking. We all develope a slight Stokhold syndrom with regard to excel anyway...

"After you work on Wall Street it’s a choice, would you rather work at McDonalds or on the sell-side? I would choose McDonalds over the sell-side.” - David Tepper

Oreos:
WallStreetOasis.com:
Oreos:

Narr, it's good, I was just joking. We all develope a slight Stockholm syndrom with regard to excel anyway...

"After you work on Wall Street it’s a choice, would you rather work at McDonalds or on the sell-side? I would choose McDonalds over the sell-side.” - David Tepper

Best Response
Oreos:
Oreos:
WallStreetOasis.com:
Oreos:

Narr, it's good, I was just joking. We all develope a slight Stockholm syndrom with regard to excel anyway...

ok - if you have any suggestions at all we are always here listening.

Groups needs a MAJOR overhaul, as well as main forums page (in process)....all of these are getting worked on over the next few weeks...

bfin:
I like it but it does look like excel.

all we did was add a light border & drop shadow to the blocks on the right so they woudl match the new tables.

The Highest Ranked Discussion block is messed up (that grey sub tabs will get fixed). Other than that, I think it's easier / cleaner on the eye.

You guys preferred the blocks with no borders? We can go back to that...really, I think that is the only minor change that is making you say it looks like Excel...

now that you mention it....

WSO, hire some kick-ass web developers to make this site legit. I've honestly thought about developing a better, more user-friendly version... I am actually a huge supporter of the changes you have made in the last few months. Keep it up and I'll be spending even more time on your website.

PS - your mobile site sucks

oR3DL1N3o:
now that you mention it....

WSO, hire some kick-ass web developers to make this site legit. I've honestly thought about developing a better, more user-friendly version... I am actually a huge supporter of the changes you have made in the last few months. Keep it up and I'll be spending even more time on your website.

PS - your mobile site sucks

oR3, please be specific about how we can make WSO more user-friendly and how our mobile site sucks (which just launched). We love constructive criticism.

The mobile site does suck. It is awful. It's missing half the functionality. I can't track my own posts or anything else really.

The full website is also bad depending on what resolution you're running. At 1280x1024 the bottom options of each post are all distorted adn run on top of each other.

Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into SWANSONS.

Flake:
The mobile site does suck. It is awful. It's missing half the functionality. I can't track my own posts or anything else really.

The full website is also bad depending on what resolution you're running. At 1280x1024 the bottom options of each post are all distorted adn run on top of each other.

Have you checked mobile recently? You can track your posts under Recent. My Recent Posts....anything else that sucks about it?

What do you mean "the bottom options of each post are distorted"? first time I had heard of that...can you be more specific?

Thanks Flake.

Flake:

Can you tell us what you'd like to see? Thanks for all your feedback.

tylderdurden:
Flake:

Can you tell us what you'd like to see? Thanks for all your feedback.

I sent Patrick a screenshot of how the forum looks to me at that resolution. On my wide screen monitor at home it looks fine.

As for the mobile site, how do you track somebody else's posts?

Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into SWANSONS.

I like the changes. Site continues to improve little-by-little. These minor tweaks (and major additions) are what has evolved the site into what it is today.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

CompBanker:
I like the changes. Site continues to improve little-by-little. These minor tweaks (and major additions) are what has evolved the site into what it is today.

Many more design improvements coming including:

• Major facelift to groups
  • Minor drop shadow below comments so they match blocks
  • More consistency across buttons and capitalization (taking a bankers eye to everything)
  • More search capability in the Company Database (by AUM, etc)
  • More design improvements within the compensation, review and interview insight listings
  • Improved Theme for "Related Topics" block that will make it "pop" more
  • Facelifts to some other pages
  • And much much more....really trying to be as anal as possible here to drive our designer and developers crazy :-)

WallStreetOasis.com:
CompBanker:

Many more design improvements coming including:

• Major facelift to groups
  • Minor drop shadow below comments so they match blocks
  • More consistency across buttons and capitalization (taking a bankers eye to everything)
  • More search capability in the Company Database (by AUM, etc)
  • More design improvements within the compensation, review and interview insight listings
  • Improved Theme for "Related Topics" block that will make it "pop" more
  • Facelifts to some other pages
  • And much much more....really trying to be as anal as possible here to drive our designer and developers crazy :-)
By the way, I can't see any of the reviews / compensation data in the Company Database. Not sure why as I've added a good 100+ companies to it. Can you add a "database contributor" flag to my account?
CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

OMS:
patrick - when i search for a specific company on the database nothing shows up? i.e "Goldman Sachs" a company im 100% is on there but it doesnt come up. although i can find it through the alphabetic search.

I just typed Goldman Sachs and it showed up for me. You sure you don't have a certain industry or country selected?

Thanks

Quae quis cupiditate libero voluptates rerum. Ipsa dignissimos omnis omnis quia iure. Est in tenetur impedit aut est ipsa est.

Praesentium voluptas ut ex vel eligendi maxime. Eos excepturi eum vel aut. Nemo in eligendi ut dolorum at qui. Similique minus sit at aliquam ut porro cumque. Quae veritatis dolorum iusto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (12) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (196) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (143) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”