Summer After Sophomore Year 2018

I am in the summer after my sophomore year, and I was not able to get an internship, so I just ended up taking a summer class at my local college(in Colorado). I go to a target school and have a decent gpa majoring in finance and mathematics. I had a tough time adjusting to the rigors of college my first semester, but my gpa has been steadily going up since then. I am involved on campus and on a sports team if that will help my case. I just need some help figuring out what to do with the rest of my summer to best prepare me for interview season this coming fall. I am interested in corporate finance, analytics, and possibly investment baking if that would not be a stretch. I would appreciate any input that you all would be able to give me.

Hi carefulmonkey, just because I'm a bot doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I'm hoping these links are helpful. If not, feel free to throw monkey shit at me...

• Received offer for boutique IB west coast for post-grad, aiming for BB's for SA 2018, but not sure about career path, thoughts? forward. Other Info After interning at an investment bank between sophomore and junior year I got a full ... would be to intern with them next summer and start full-time post-grad; my contact started as an intern ... sophomore to junior summer, BB pwm internship that I'll be starting this winter part time, applied to ...
  • A One Stop Shop For All Things Diversity Recruiting- The Most Exhaustive List On WSO Diversity recruiting has been the subject of several posts over the last few weeks. Although there ... in the pipeline for internship opportunities the following year (in my experience, accelerated ... resources during the recruiting process, so it is imperative that send thank you emails after the events and ...
  • When to follow up with a recruiter after a superday? Hi all, I had my superday a week ago for an accelerated 2018 summer analyst role at GS. I was told ... If I don't hear back within the next few days, would it be appropriate to follow up? Should ... by a recruiter that I'd hear back within a week at the latest. So far I've heard nothing. ...
  • London IB Summer Internship Discussion 2018 2018 Citigroup Summer Sophomore Leadership Program Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews? The WSO ... I'm looking to secure a bulge bracket, investment banking, summer internship, in London, next ... others to benefit from too. London Investment Banking Internships Summer 2018 Summer internship ...
  • 30 year-old breaking in after more rejections than I wish to remember. The following story is not a story of someone from ... paragraphs. 18 years old University is free back home, and since my high school grades were decent, I was good ... at maths and had no clue what I wanted to do next, I enrolled in a five year joint BSc and MSc ...
  • Preparing for next year full time recruiting is still lending and coverage." current GPA 3.5, major finance minor in law and accounting ... wholesale credit (Asset Backed Lending) this summer, according to the credit portfolio managers that I will ... management, so it's more wealth management focus than retail. Now going into my senior year, I want to ...
  • Is Career in Investment Banking the Highest Paying Job Post Undergrad? follow a career in IB. Is M&A the best choice for a career? Does IB have the highest salary after ... that pay as well or better? Secondly, I'm a sophomore at London School of Economics, and I want to ... from my school who were making 7-figures in all-in compensation only three or four years removed from ...
  • 2018 Sophomore Summer Analyst Recruiting Megathread Page Sachs- Credit Suisse- Deutsche Bank- BAML- HL 2018 Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page ... https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/2018-summer... Full-Time IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page ... It's that time of year again, wasting countless hours trying to get into a BB sophomore ...
  • More suggestions...

Maybe one of our professional members will share their wisdom: saakait tk142 thekingofkong

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Enjoy your summer! Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You'll have a good shot at an internship after your junior year if you keep doing what you are doing. If you don't have experience with interviews, it'll be great to do some mock interviews (most colleges have career centers that do mock interviews) so you can get some feedback and you can learn to control the butterflies your stomach. Your resume may get you a call but how you do during the interview will get you a job.

I didn't land an internship after my sophomore year so I did some physical labor jobs that summer. I met a lot of people and I learned a lot about life, dedication, and hard-work that summer. Experience is not about what you've done...it's about what you've learned.

Voluptatem sit omnis eveniet assumenda. Sit et ullam illo in enim placeat unde. Sapiente velit ut esse doloribus expedita non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”