I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on ACN Strategy. I believe that it was formed in late 2013.
- How many consultants work in the Strategy division relative to MC or SI?
- I've heard that for strategy projects, ACN Strategy engages with the client first and then it hands off the project to MC or SI for execution phases. Is that understanding correct?
- I've heard that ACN Strategy is one of a few groups within ACN that sponsors MBAs. Does anyone know how frequently it does so?
- Given that it is still a new division (at least, the name ACN Strategy is), what are your thoughts on the reputation of the brand? Will it be more highly regarded in the next few years because of the growing need for businesses to understand business strategy and IT intersections?
- What is ACN's reputation from a strategy standpoint?
What is Accenture?
Accenture is a multi-national, global company that operates across 40 industries. They aim to provide their clients with smart, innovative solutions to their business problems - usually from a technological approach. They have strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations divisions to help them accomplish this.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, It has approximately 236,000 employees serving clients in more than 120 countries. They have experience across all industries and business functions and have done extensive research on the world's most successful companies. Their goal is to work with their clients so that they become high-performance businesses and governments.
You can read more about Accenture on the Wall Street Oasis Company Database.
What Does Accenture Do?
Accenture Strategy has approximately 2,000 employees and has worked with numerous large clients including Nestle and the City of Amsterdam. They research and develop strategic plans for their clients bringing together business, technology, and operations in a way that solve real problems and create opportunity.
Take a look at some of Accenture Strategy's accomplishments.
What Makes Accenture Unique?
Unlike other firms which combine strategy consulting and management consulting, Accenture Strategy has the two completely separated. The two divisions will, at times, hand clients off to each other but not necessarily. Accenture Strategy will do research and create strategy for industry, for example, though not necessarily related to a specific client. At times, the research is industry specific more than client specific.
I went to an MBA presentation about Accenture strategy. It's a unique model -they separate strategy consulting from management consulting. The strategy guys come in, and then hand it off to the MC team for implementation..so it actually ends up being more of a pure strategy role than firms like Deloitte S&O.
According to WSO member and Accenture Strategy employee, they've worked on some great projects that have put them ahead of the curve in the industry.
I've been at Accenture Strategy APAC for the past 1.5 years and things have definitely changed. The strategy practice has been buffed up and there has been a marked change in Accenture Strategy's position in the market...the efforts are paying off. in the past 6 months alone, all 4 of the projects I've been on were won against Mck, BCG, and Deloitte.
I'm of the rationale that this is simply that the same shift we saw towards customer-centricity 10 years ago is going through a second evolution driven by the internet and tech in general. This means that there's hardly any strategy project that doesn't have a 'digital' element to it anymore which bodes well for Accenture Strategy because this is exactly how it has marketed itself - at the intersection of strategy and tech.
Read More About Careers In Strategy at WSO.
- My View on the Current Top 10 Strategy Consulting Firms
- Difference between Management and Strategy Consultants
- What's it like working in Corporate Strategy?
Need Help Preparing for Consulting Case Interviews?
Land at an elite consulting firm with the most comprehensive case interview prep in the world. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to land the most coveted jobs.