URGENT! PLEASE HELP!! 2022 SA Credit Suisse in NYC or Piper Sandler Consumer in SF?

Ok. I know this sounds like a no-brainer to many of you, but allow me. Credit Suisse in NYC is great for obvious reasons. However, I interned at a MM Consumer PE in San Francisco in my sophomore summer, and it leaned me toward Consumer IB. I also go to school in SF and am more familiar with the city. The consumer team at Piper were really personable throughout the entire process. But I also want to learn more than just consumer.

Please Help! Which one should I take?

Personally, and I could be 100% wrong, I would start broader and bigger to get the full flavor of opportunities available.

You probably don't know everything out there and what you truly enjoy (no one does right out of school). Worst case, if you find you still love consumer and you're not getting any of that exposure, I'd imagine you could probably lateral.

Try to do CS Consumer? Or Sponsors / M&A if you want some potential exposure to consumer companies but with better exit opportunities and exposure to more than just consumer. If you have time, it's probably worth trying to leverage those offers for something else (e.g., CVP). If you just want to choose between CS and Piper, this still is a no brainer IMO. Go with CS.

Array

Sunt labore quisquam modi velit molestias quia ex. Alias maxime et laborum. Dolorum sint sunt reprehenderit nihil placeat. Quia tempore veniam et voluptas provident.

Qui dolores ipsa sit officia tempore porro. Nulla nostrum ipsa iste ea culpa quo qui. Aliquid similique sint incidunt voluptas. Error delectus autem harum ipsa.

Accusamus nostrum sed optio sed dolorem cum. Natus eos et quis dolorem laborum. Maxime accusamus ipsum quibusdam distinctio est. Debitis accusantium omnis placeat aliquid vitae aliquam accusamus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”